Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Hello all,

I am experiencing a strange gpu/display issue. Sometimes, when I start a full-screen application such as a video game or a movie from iTunes, etc., my display will constantly cut in and out with glitchy static-type artifacts, like if it were trying to give me a seizure but at the same time trying to communicate via Morse code. This is currently happening with a 1080 ti connected to a tv via hdmi, but it has happened before with a different gpu, different hdmi and displayport cables and a different display (actual monitor) and because of this, I am stumped. I had also made sure Windows 10 and my display drivers were all up-to-date. I even reinstalled Windows 10, but it was to no avail. This issue does not happen every time I start a full-screen application, but it happens frequently enough to be an annoyance, as I have to either restart my computer or unplug and re-plug the hdmi cable, in order to temporarily fix it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know a fix?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Update: It seems to have something to do with resolutions, or the changing of. The iTunes movies I play in fullscreen are 1080p, and some of the games I play are scaled down below 4K for increased fps. I'm fairly sure something is going wrong when the resolutions are changing.

Last edited:

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Update: It seems to have something to do with resolutions, or the changing of. The iTunes movies I play in fullscreen are 1080p, and some of the games I play are scaled down below 4K for increased fps. I'm fairly sure something is going wrong when the resolutions are changing. Bios is also up to date.

Last edited:

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Hello all,

I am experiencing a strange display issue. Sometimes, when I start a full-screen application such as a video game or a movie from iTunes, etc., my display will constantly flash static and then finally result to an input signal not being detected. This is currently happening with a 1080 ti connected to a tv via hdmi, but it has happened before with a different gpu, different hdmi and displayport cables and a different display (actual monitor) and because of this, I am stumped. It seems to have something to do with the resolutions changing, as the same thing has happened when I changed a resolution after a game had already launched with no issue. I'm fairly sure something is going wrong when the resolutions are changing.

My current display runs at 4096 x 2160 at 60 Hz. Some games run at 1440p, iTunes content will run at 1080p. If it matters, my specs are i7 Cpu, 1080 ti (2 via SLI) 32gb ram, Asrock z97 mobo, Samsung ssd, Corsair water cooling. I had also made sure Windows 10 and my display drivers were all up-to-date. I even reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast-boot in the bios, disabled SLI, but it was to no avail. Bios is also up to date. This issue does not happen every time I start a full-screen application, but it happens frequently enough to be an annoyance, as I have to either restart my computer or unplug and re-plug the hdmi cable, in order to temporarily fix it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know a fix?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I've merged your threads since they're the same. Also, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

and include the age of your PSU. Also stating the version for your GPU drivers and if you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.