Question Strange issue with MSI G241V monitor ?

Feb 20, 2023
Another Update..: FML....
I noticed that my refresh rate was set to 60hz. My monitor allows 75hz. I set it to 75hz and glitch started again :((((( it's glitch on hdmi and displayport too.... I found a software called "Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) " and made my refresh rate 74hz. so far it is not glitching :(

UPDATE: The problem was monitor's HDMI port. I bought a displayport cable and it worked perfectly.

System specs:
GPU: AMD RX 6600
CPU: I3 - 12100f
Monitor: MSI G241V

I am about to lose my mind, please help! I cant figure out whats the problem :( is it my monitor? gpu card? a software?? :((

My monitor was working fine until few days ago.
Few days ago strange glitch started happening. As it's shown here (those orage rectangles are from the task bar, the program was running and it was repeating that color in the screen):

At first it was only some flickering in the bottom half of the screen. Then it turned into the problem I showed in the video. Monitor was glitching when there is something black on the screen. However glitch was stopping when I made the video full screen. And not only in the video, lets say I enter a webpage that has black background, it was glitching like in the video. I have xiaomi tv stick, I plugged it into monitor and it was working normal.

So I assumed my graphic card was the issue so I plugged my pc to a TV screen, there is no problem, it's working perfect, no glitches at all. My monitor works perfectly fine with xiaomi tv stick and my pc is working perfectly with TV screen.. I tried different hdmi cables but there was no difference.

If I use monitor long enough with my pc when its glitching , it leaves some problem on the monitor. What I mean is, lets say I use monitor with my pc when its glitching for 15 minutes, when I remove pc's hdmi cable, glict continues for a while. Even when I dont plug anything, the "no signal" screen is glitching. After waiting 5-10 minutes the glitch slowly disappears and I can use it normally with other device like tv stick.

After few days, glitches became very severe:
https://imgbb.com/Jvqw1Zm

When pc is booting, it shows some screens like "asus bla bla", there is no glitch in that screen. And it's working perfect in safe mode too. I know what you are thinking, then it must be a software problem. But I dont understand how can something like that leave that much problem, I mean, when I remove pc hdmi, screen continues to glitch for a while. How can this happen if its only about a software? and if there is something wrong with a software, why it works fine with TV screen?

Every morning, I spend like and 30-60 minutes to try to solve it. I try everyhing, like different hdmi cables, turning off monitor, unplugging the power cable, rebooting pc, etc etc etc, tons of things. After 30-60 minutes of trying, suddenly monitor starts working normally. And it doesnt glitch until i turn it off and leave it off for long hours (lets say i turn it off at night and start using it in the next morning, then boom, glitches again.).

Yesterday morning I didnt plug my PC. I plugged tv stick and started watching a movie. There was no glitch at all. I turned my pc on with TV screen, there was no problem at all neither. Then I plugged pc to monitor.. glitch again. I decided to reinstall windows 11. Because like I said, there was no glicth in safe mode. After reintsalling windows 11, everything was perfect yesterday. I installed all the drivers (except AMD Adrenalin software, I just let windows install plain gpu driver and thats it, no amd software.), I did os updates, pc restarted itself multiple times. I turned pc off for few hours and turn it on, there was no problem. I thoguht reinstall windows solved the problem. This morning I turned my pc on and there was glitch again...

I also think this is something related to a software but how can a software make my monitor glicth even after unplugging the hdmi?
And if it's seomthing related to monitor itself, then why there is no glitch when I use tv stick? or yesterday I used my monitor all day without any problem. not even flickering.

Today I will bring my laptop with me to home, I will test monitor with my laptop. And after few days, I ordered display port cable, I will be able to test it with display port.

Last edited:
System specs:
GPU: AMD RX 6600
CPU: I3 - 12100f
Monitor: MSI G241V

I am about to lose my mind, please help! I cant figure out whats the problem :( is it my monitor? gpu card? a software?? :((

My monitor was working fine until few days ago.
Few days ago strange glitch started happening. As it's shown here (those orage rectangles are from the task bar, the program was running and it was repeating that color in the screen):

At first it was only some flickering in the bottom half of the screen. Then it turned into the problem I showed in the video. Monitor was glitching when there is something black on the screen. However glitch was stopping when I made the video full screen. And not only in the video, lets say I enter a webpage that has black background, it was glitching like in the video. I have xiaomi tv stick, I plugged it into monitor and it was working normal.

So I assumed my graphic card was the issue so I plugged my pc to a TV screen, there is no problem, it's working perfect, no glitches at all. My monitor works perfectly fine with xiaomi tv stick and my pc is working perfectly with TV screen.. I tried different hdmi cables but there was no difference.

If I use monitor long enough with my pc when its glitching , it leaves some problem on the monitor. What I mean is, lets say I use monitor with my pc when its glitching for 15 minutes, when I remove pc's hdmi cable, glict continues for a while. Even when I dont plug anything, the "no signal" screen is glitching. After waiting 5-10 minutes the glitch slowly disappears and I can use it normally with other device like tv stick.

After few days, glitches became very severe:
https://imgbb.com/Jvqw1Zm

When pc is booting, it shows some screens like "asus bla bla", there is no glitch in that screen. And it's working perfect in safe mode too. I know what you are thinking, then it must be a software problem. But I dont understand how can something like that leave that much problem, I mean, when I remove pc hdmi, screen continues to glitch for a while. How can this happen if its only about a software? and if there is something wrong with a software, why it works fine with TV screen?

Every morning, I spend like and 30-60 minutes to try to solve it. I try everyhing, like different hdmi cables, turning off monitor, unplugging the power cable, rebooting pc, etc etc etc, tons of things. After 30-60 minutes of trying, suddenly monitor starts working normally. And it doesnt glitch until i turn it off and leave it off for long hours (lets say i turn it off at night and start using it in the next morning, then boom, glitches again.).

Yesterday morning I didnt plug my PC. I plugged tv stick and started watching a movie. There was no glitch at all. I turned my pc on with TV screen, there was no problem at all neither. Then I plugged pc to monitor.. glitch again. I decided to reinstall windows 11. Because like I said, there was no glicth in safe mode. After reintsalling windows 11, everything was perfect yesterday. I installed all the drivers (except AMD Adrenalin software, I just let windows install plain gpu driver and thats it, no amd software.), I did os updates, pc restarted itself multiple times. I turned pc off for few hours and turn it on, there was no problem. I thoguht reinstall windows solved the problem. This morning I turned my pc on and there was glitch again...

I also think this is something related to a software but how can a software make my monitor glicth even after unplugging the hdmi?
And if it's seomthing related to monitor itself, then why there is no glitch when I use tv stick? or yesterday I used my monitor all day without any problem. not even flickering.

Today I will bring my laptop with me to home, I will test monitor with my laptop. And after few days, I ordered display port cable, I will be able to test it with display port.
Sounds like it is a power draw issue. I would be interested to see how much power is used when watching tv on monitor and when you use pc video.

Feb 20, 2023
Sounds like it is a power draw issue. I would be interested to see how much power is used when watching tv on monitor and when you use pc video.
Thank you so much for your reply. Like I said, I brought my laptop and put it on test. I left my monitor off after seeing that it was glitching in the morning. So I tried 3 devices. My desktop pc, laptop, and xiaomi tv box. All of them had problems. Xiaomi and my laptop had the least problems. Only some flickering. But my pc was glitching very severely.

UPDATE explorer patcher is safe. The problem was monitor's HDMI port. I will install and start using explorer patcher again. And I recommend it to anyone who doesnt like the windows 11's appearance.

There is a software called explorer patcher. It makes windows 11 look like windows 10. I have been using it for a long time without any problem. When I started having glitches, I reinstalled windows 11 and tried to keep everything minimum. I didnt drive amd adrenalin and explorer patcher too. It was fine, everything was normal so I decided to install explorer patcher last night. and in the morning I started having troubles. So I deleted it an hour ago and it was still glitching but after an hour, glitch stopped. Everything was perfect 5 minutes ago, I decided to intsall explorer patcher again and glithes started again! I immediately deleted but its still glitching.

I am currently writing to the developer of the software. Maybe it's causing the problem. Because I am booting my pc, everything looks normal until windows loads, which triggers explorer patcher of course. As soon as windows loads (login screen), glitches starts. I really dont know if its the problem.

My laptop has win 10 so it doesnt have explorer patcher. when desktop starts making it glitch, even "no signal" screen starts gliching for a while. I wont use explorer patcher for a while to see if it is whats causing the problem.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your reply. Like I said, I brought my laptop and put it on test. I left my monitor off after seeing that it was glitching in the morning. So I tried 3 devices. My desktop pc, laptop, and xiaomi tv box. All of them had problems. Xiaomi and my laptop had the least problems. Only some flickering. But my pc was glitching very severely.

There is a software called explorer patcher. It makes windows 11 look like windows 10. I have been using it for a long time without any problem. When I started having glitches, I reinstalled windows 11 and tried to keep everything minimum. I didnt drive amd adrenalin and explorer patcher too. It was fine, everything was normal so I decided to install explorer patcher last night. and in the morning I started having troubles. So I deleted it an hour ago and it was still glitching but after an hour, glitch stopped. Everything was perfect 5 minutes ago, I decided to intsall explorer patcher again and glithes started again! I immediately deleted but its still glitching.

I am currently writing to the developer of the software. Maybe it's causing the problem. Because I am booting my pc, everything looks normal until windows loads, which triggers explorer patcher of course. As soon as windows loads (login screen), glitches starts. I really dont know if its the problem.

My laptop has win 10 so it doesnt have explorer patcher. when desktop starts making it glitch, even "no signal" screen starts gliching for a while. I wont use explorer patcher for a while to see if it is whats causing the problem.
I agree;) with your assessment, The explorer patcher sounds like the culprit.

Feb 20, 2023
I agree;) with your assessment, The explorer patcher sounds like the culprit.
Like you said earlier, I think the problem is the power draw issue. Maybe thats why it was acting differently on different devices. Yesterday I bought a displayport cable and it worked perfectly. I didnt wanna consider it "fixed" until testing it the next morning (today), and yes, there was no glitch at all. Then I tested hdmi port one last time and there was glitch again. Seems like my monitor's hdmi port is kaput :D

Feb 20, 2023
Like you said earlier, I think the problem is the power draw issue. Maybe thats why it was acting differently on different devices. Yesterday I bought a displayport cable and it worked perfectly. I didnt wanna consider it "fixed" until testing it the next morning (today), and yes, there was no glitch at all. Then I tested hdmi port one last time and there was glitch again. Seems like my monitor's hdmi port is kaput :D
FML....
I noticed that my refresh rate was set to 60hz. My monitor allows 75hz. I set it to 75hz and glitch started again :((((( it's glitching on hdmi and displayport too.... I found a software called "Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) " and made my refresh rate 74hz. so far it is not glitching :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch