AgrippaDaRippa

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2014
So I recently purchased a few upgrades to my pc including a new case, new fans, and a new m.2. I installed it all and boom, nothing. Tested just about everything since then except a new psu/cpu. When I plug the 24 pin in my mobo nothing happens, however, I have a spare board that lights up when plugged into the same psu. Also when I short the pins, my case rgb turns on and the psu clicks. Bought a new morherboard ( the exact same one) and the same situation: no signs of life at all when plugged in. I don’t know what to do at this point and I’m very sad. Please give me some expert advice for my stupidity.
Part list: case: Bequiet 500dx
Cpu: ryzen 3700x
Mobo: msi b550 gaming plus
Ram: Corsair rgb vengeance 32g 3600mhz
Psu: Corsair cx650m
Gpu: evga 2070 super black

So I recently purchased a few upgrades to my pc including a new case, new fans, and a new m.2. I installed it all and boom, nothing. Tested just about everything since then except a new psu/cpu. When I plug the 24 pin in my mobo nothing happens, however, I have a spare board that lights up when plugged into the same psu. Also when I short the pins, my case rgb turns on and the psu clicks. Bought a new morherboard ( the exact same one) and the same situation: no signs of life at all when plugged in. I don’t know what to do at this point and I’m very sad. Please give me some expert advice for my stupidity.
Part list: case: Bequiet 500dx
Cpu: ryzen 3700x
Mobo: msi b550 gaming plus
Ram: Corsair rgb vengeance 32g 3600mhz
Psu: Corsair cx650m
Gpu: evga 2070 super black
You still have no proof that PSU works right, neither of those 2 tests is conclusive proof.
" When I plug the 24 pin in my mobo " there is/are other connectors from PsU to mobo, 1x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector did you plug those in too ?
At this moment I would take everything out of the case and try with minimal config on the table.

AgrippaDaRippa

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2014
I have tried with minimal config. Only gpu, cpu, and cpu cooler. Nothing but what it needs to turn on; still no signs of life at all. I do have the 8 pin ATX 12v plugged in. As a note, my spare motherboard I tried was intel, lga2011 and it lit up with just 24 pin. I’m sorry to frustrate. Anything else to try?