May 26, 2022
So when I start my pc the fans and all the usb devices turn on after a few seconds they turn off again then another few secondes they turn on again and I get the mobo logo in my screen.

It feels like it's taking longer and longer sometimes.

I have no idea what's going on or what it is.

Mobo is a msi mpg x570 gaming plus with ryzen 7 5800x

May 26, 2022
cpu: ryzen 7 5800x
Mobo: msi mpg x570 gaming plus
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3600
PSU: Corsair RM750x
GPU: RTX 3070 TI

edit: it has done this startup thing since i got this pc

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
have you updated the bios? this sounds a lot like what it does on the first couple start-ups as it learns the hardware and sets up the basic settings. often a bios update fixes such issues.

second thought is the ram itself. have you turned of xmp and let it start up at the slow 2133 speed or whatever it defaults to? this can show it the ram speed is causing an issue. ryzen is notorious for being picky with ram.

May 26, 2022
The bios was updated last month to the newest version.

After the bios update I forgot to turn on the xmp but I don't remember it starting any faster.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that is interesting. sounds hardware related since it starts and reboots each time before getting to windows itself.

just for fun have you tried booting to a linux live cd? this would eliminate windows as the problem if it boots up nice and fast. pretty much any distro has a live cd option where it will run off the cd/usb drive and never install anything.

basically you are going to have to do some trial and error to figure out which piece might be the problem.

you do not mention the hdd/ssd. i assume you are using an ssd but if not an old spinning disk would def slow down boot times.

May 26, 2022
my windows was reinstalled a month or 2 ago, don't know if that makes any difference.

as for the SSD/HDD i'm using a samsung 970 EVO plus 256GB