Status
Not open for further replies.

tractorscott

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
Hello!

For two weeks or so I've been having this strange new stutter appear. I have tried a few things, cleaning, reseating the graphics card and power cables, reinstalling drivers multiple times and I've made sure that all drivers for the computer is fully up to date, so I am at a loss where to go from here in terms of figuring out what is causing the issue.

It seems to happen in all 3D games I play (Helldivers 2, Fallout 4, CS2, Half Life: Alyx), but I've played a bit of Plants Vs Zombies and haven't seemed to notice it in that game.

Specs:
Intel i5 9400f
16GB DDR4 RAM
RTX 3070
Corsair CX750M PSU (I've had since 2016, I'm wondering if this could be the culprit)

Below I have a video of the stuttering.

Any more info feel free to comment, thanks for the help.

Solution
Cpu frequency/temps and usage while stutters happen? Check with Core Temp.

What's your drive configuration for OS and games and how full?

Check also Task Manager when stutters happen. Sort processes highest to lowest and see what may be consuming a lot. Anything of interest you can right click that process and search about it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Check also Task Manager when stutters happen. Sort processes highest to lowest and see what may be consuming a lot. Anything of interest you can right click that process and search about it.

Solution

tractorscott

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019

First of all, thank you. I think I thought of it more as a graphical issue rather than the processes which is where I went wrong. But you got it right on the nose!

It seemed to be a problem with 'Intel Driver & Support Assistant.' Looking into it further it seems one of the more recent windows updates completely broke it and occasionally starts using 100% of the CPU, so I uninstalled it and everything is working great again.

Seemed to be a simple fix in the end, I am extremely grateful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.