Question [Streaming Dual PC Setup] Non-Traditional Advice needed for an upgrade

Mar 14, 2019
Hello Experts and community!

I will appreciate if you can help me to find a nice build to upgrade my Streaming PC:

Right now my Gaming PC has this specs:

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070Ti AMP!
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z370-A Motherboard
Cooling: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2
MONITOR: LG 23MP55 (60hz)
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 850 B2

And i have an ElGato HD60Pro Capture Card connected to my old PC (Streaming PC):

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 380 (2GB)
CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: G.Skill (2x4GB) DDR3 (Can't remember the specs here)
MOBO: M5A78L-M LX Plus
Power Supply: DeepCool DN650

Right now with this setup I'm streaming on OBS with this config:
Video Settings:
● Resolution (Scaled): 1536x864
● Downscale Filter: Lanczos
● FPS: 30

Output Settings:
● Encoder: x264
● Rate Control: CBR
● Bit-rate: 3500 (I have 10 upload Mbps but since i'm from South America i prefer that the bitrate is low enough to avoid getting lag/delay with my viewers. Also i haven't noticed much improvement in quality using more bit-rate). [Another consideration is that in my country it's not usual for a home service to get fiber connection most of the internet comes over a coaxial connection).
● CPU Usage Preset: Fast

This is a video sample of my streams right now (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394206532).
I played with the configs on the streamer pc to have a mix of "acceptable" Quality but i have the playgame on a reduced portion of the screen (if i max the window i receive OBS encoding errors because my CPU usage gets to 100%). Right now i only have OBS and Voicemeeter banana on the streamer pc. My bots, SongRequests apps, Phillips hue Sync app (to manipulate the color of my lights), discord, etc are executed on the gaming pc.

I would appreciate advice to upgrade the CPU/Mobo/RAM on my Streaming PC to achieve the following (*):

● 1080p/60fps Stream (but if it's too expensive to get to this point i will probably be satisfied with 1080/30fps)
● Medium/Slow Preset for improved quality
● Overall good quality considering i play a variety of games that include fast-paced games like PUBG, Apex Legends, Overwatch, etc.
● I want to be able to use gifs/videos/animations on different OBS scenes without impacting performance (including snapchat filters or streamlabs facemasks).
● Run most of the apps on the streaming PC without having problems with CPU/RAM Usage, i want to include stuff like obs remote control over internet to emulate an streamdeck with my phone.
● Keep the upgrade parts on a budget =)
*I live in Peru, so i probably won't be able to find all the recommended components but with the specs i will probably be able to figure out something that can work (I work on IT but I have always been more into Software than Hardware)
** I'm thinking about getting a Ryzen CPU.

I'm not thinking about upgrading anything on the gaming pc soon but if you see something off or have another advice for the gaming pc, it's well appreciated.

Thank you for reading all the post and again any help will be much appreciated.

Here's some "non-traditional" advice: You don't need a second PC for streaming at all. The games you play are so lightweight for your system (and your 1080p/60Hz monitor) that the performance penalty of running OBS on your gaming system shouldn't affect your results in the slightest.

Reactions: ZGh0st
Mar 14, 2019
Here's some "non-traditional" advice: You don't need a second PC for streaming at all. The games you play are so lightweight for your system (and your 1080p/60Hz monitor) that the performance penalty of running OBS on your gaming system shouldn't affect your results in the slightest.

I have actually presented problems streaming Overwatch (high CPU Usage) and PUBG (Input Lag) when using my gaming rig to stream to 1080/60fps and adding a lot of animations/videos on the OBS. I haven't tested it with Apex yet, but i prefer to have dedicated pcs for the different tasks.

Mar 14, 2019
Based on some other forums i was researching, my bet would probably be a Ryzen 2700X and my cap would be 1080@60fps with medium preset (can't handle slow).

Also, as i don't stream on youtube; i probably try out if 900p is enough because of the bitrate restrictions.

This study helped me a lot:

https://streamquality.report/docs/report.html

¿Any recommendations on the Motherboard?

Last edited: