Question Struggling to get NVIDIA 4070 RTX Super Ti to work with Gigabyte server

Jul 9, 2024
Hello, I recently purchased a Gigabyte G292-Z20 HPC Server AMD EPYC 7402P CPU server. I've tried to connect it to an NVIDIA 4070 RTX super Ti graphics card but despite updating the BIOS, installing the graphic card drivers the server doesn't recognise the graphics card. I've also tried different slots. The server is 2000W so plenty of power to power the graphics card. The graphics card works on another machine so nothing wrong with it.

I noticed that there seems to be a mismatch between the graphic card cable and the server cables ( View: https://imgur.com/a/3WVKrKK
(server cable is the white one, the NVIDIA one is the black one)

I think that might be causing the problem. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to share images of what you're seeing(or what you have to work with) after hosting images on Imgur or their ilk and then passing on a link for us to see.

Might also want to pass on a link to the GPU you have to work with. I know they come with a 16pin 12VHPWR connector/adapter.

Reactions: Subobo
You have EPS 12V connector there.
Graphics card uses PCIE 8pin connector.

main-qimg-d0b098e598dd5de28261e6323a1fe572

Jul 9, 2024
@faalin thanks - we bought the machine off eBay, from a reputable seller. I assume the fix would be getting the proper plug fitted into the PSU or replacing the PSU... (trying to avoid returning the item but sounds like that is probably what needs to happen)

Last edited: