[SOLVED] Stuck during hard reset, keyboard backlights on but power light off. Can't start it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2020
My laptop got stuck, so I tried hard reseting it but I left the power supply in, so it shut down but the keyboard back light stayed on. I tried restarting it again, but it won't.

Solution
It seems that maybe you need to get an RMA or send it is for repairs if its still under warranty. You can chat with ASUS tech support on their site. In the meantime, try some of the steps below. Support page for your laptop is here

Try an EC reset.
Remove all external peripherals, such as external hard drives, printers, memory cards, external ODD (if your computer is with internal ODD, please remove CD/DVDs), dongles, etc.
Remove the AC adapter.
Remove the battery (if it is a removable battery pack).
Press and hold Power Button for 40 seconds to do EC reset.
Re-install the AC adapter and power on the computer and check whether the problem is resolved or not.

This guide on the ASUS site for your laptop model goes over...

Sean87NC

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
It seems that maybe you need to get an RMA or send it is for repairs if its still under warranty. You can chat with ASUS tech support on their site. In the meantime, try some of the steps below. Support page for your laptop is here

Try an EC reset.
Remove all external peripherals, such as external hard drives, printers, memory cards, external ODD (if your computer is with internal ODD, please remove CD/DVDs), dongles, etc.
Remove the AC adapter.
Remove the battery (if it is a removable battery pack).
Press and hold Power Button for 40 seconds to do EC reset.
Re-install the AC adapter and power on the computer and check whether the problem is resolved or not.

This guide on the ASUS site for your laptop model goes over the steps you should take should it not power back on. If that fails, I would follow their recommendations.
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1014276

Just double check there are no other indicator lights. Read this

I would think eventually the lights on the keyboard would stop working when it runs out of power. Even so, if you can't turn it on at all, I would contact ASUS or if you bought it from another company, reach out to them for RMA if you still have time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.