Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2021
Hello,

I encountered a few issues when doing maintenance on my pc and reseating my GPU.
Nothing went wrong during the reseating, looked like everything worked, then after booting into windows my pc instantly crashed, tried to restart multiple times and went into recovery.
I suspected I did something wrong during the reseating so I made sure the PSU cables were correctly inserted, the gpu being in the PCIE port, etc. Then I started it up again and still had the same issues. I checked a few things and it seemed like my graphics driver were corrupt, so I reinstalled those, which did absolutely nothing.

The next day I woke up, didn't change anything, and it seemed to work fine for a bit, and then it crashed again and went into recovery. When it rebooted I installed some software to stress test my pc and it seemed to underperform heavily and eventually crashed. I looked at the thermals and they were completely fine, around 70 degrees for the GPU and 60 for the CPU. I thought there may be an issue with my ram, so I ran the Memory Diagnostic tool which didn't notice any issues. After that I let the pc alone for a while (turned off) and turned it on, and again it suddenly started to work as expected for a bit, then like before crashed again and it went back to being laggy and underperforming. So then I thought it may be the windows install that is corrupt so I reset my entire pc, which did exactly nothing. Then I updated the bios, installed the newest drivers, etc. Now again it seemed to work as expected again, until it crashed. It seems like every time I leave my pc alone for a longer amount of time it fixes itself (?). I tried going back to windows 10 but the go back option and the troubleshoot options both don't work.

Again, thermals seem to have never been an issue. I have also looked at the Event Viewer and most errors are either related to nvlddmkm, server not being registered with DCOM or the bugcheck 0x00000119.

I'm not sure what I should do, anyone got any ideas?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen r5 3600
MSI Ventus 2x Nvidia RTX 3070
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz ram
NZXT H1 (with the included AIO and power supply)
ROG Strix B550-I gaming motherboard
1TB WD NVME SSD

Windows 11 pro 21H2, build 22000.132

Endre

Reputable
Hello,

I encountered a few issues when doing maintenance on my pc and reseating my GPU.
Nothing went wrong during the reseating, looked like everything worked, then after booting into windows my pc instantly crashed, tried to restart multiple times and went into recovery.
I suspected I did something wrong during the reseating so I made sure the PSU cables were correctly inserted, the gpu being in the PCIE port, etc. Then I started it up again and still had the same issues. I checked a few things and it seemed like my graphics driver were corrupt, so I reinstalled those, which did absolutely nothing.

The next day I woke up, didn't change anything, and it seemed to work fine for a bit, and then it crashed again and went into recovery. When it rebooted I installed some software to stress test my pc and it seemed to underperform heavily and eventually crashed. I looked at the thermals and they were completely fine, around 70 degrees for the GPU and 60 for the CPU. I thought there may be an issue with my ram, so I ran the Memory Diagnostic tool which didn't notice any issues. After that I let the pc alone for a while (turned off) and turned it on, and again it suddenly started to work as expected for a bit, then like before crashed again and it went back to being laggy and underperforming. So then I thought it may be the windows install that is corrupt so I reset my entire pc, which did exactly nothing. Then I updated the bios, installed the newest drivers, etc. Now again it seemed to work as expected again, until it crashed. It seems like every time I leave my pc alone for a longer amount of time it fixes itself (?). I tried going back to windows 10 but the go back option and the troubleshoot options both don't work.

Again, thermals seem to have never been an issue. I have also looked at the Event Viewer and most errors are either related to nvlddmkm, server not being registered with DCOM or the bugcheck 0x00000119.

I'm not sure what I should do, anyone got any ideas?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen r5 3600
MSI Ventus 2x Nvidia RTX 3070
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz ram
NZXT H1 (with the included AIO and power supply)
ROG Strix B550-I gaming motherboard
1TB WD NVME SSD

Windows 11 pro 21H2, build 22000.132

I’d do a clean install of Windows 10.

Aug 17, 2021
I’d do a clean install of Windows 10.
Thanks for your reply, I did what you suggested and downgraded to windows 10.
Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. Lag is even worse now and I'm getting a BSOD/crash every time I boot.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021
Can you, please, try out another GPU in your system?
Or use your CPUs iGPU (if it has one) for a while to see how that works?

It could be that your video card is faulty.
I don't have another GPU but I just installed the GPU drivers and it seems to be working.
Haven't gotten any crashes yet, although it has only been around 40 minutes.

Endre

Reputable
Another update: Changed the pcie setting in the bios from GEN 4 to GEN 3, seems to have fixed the issue. I'll post an update in a few days to confirm that it is actually working.

If going from PCIe 4.0 to 3.0 really solved the issue, maybe you’re on an older BIOS version of the motherboard, or on an older VBIOS version of the video card.

Endre

Reputable
it appears running at pcie 3 can reduce stutters on RTX 30 series cards - link
It can also help with audio issues - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-gen-4-issue-discovered-for-rtx-3000-cards-a/

so its hard to say if its the bios of motherboard or GPU to blame

you aren't losing anything running at pcie3 speeds as GPU weren't saturating it yet anyway.

In this case, it means, to me, that the platform itself isn’t good enough to sustain PCIe 4.0.
It could, but not without “hiccups”, just as it is with memory XMP which is never 100% sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.