Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
Hi, I have a Ryzen 5 2400G, running at 3.9 GHz and 1.344 V. This is after I overclocked. I've noticed that when I open applications my mouse and system stutters and lags. This hasn't happened before so I was wondering if it may be due to my overclock, if so I would love some help on how to fix it. Thanks

PS: I must mention that I also overclocked my GPU but I haven't noticed any performance drops since I've done that. ALSO the stutters weren't instant, I just started noticing them but I thought it may have been because of the fullscreen optimization of games

PC Specs:

Motherboard: Msi B450 Pro Carbon AC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
GPU: PowerColor Radeon Rx 570
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz
GPU: EVGA 450W

Last edited:

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Easy way to test if it is the CPU OC. Go to BIOS, save current profile. Then Load Failsafe Defaults. You might have to enable XMP again. See if that changes anything since CPU should be running at stock clocks. If it doesn't, you can load the saved profile to go back to your CPU OC. I would recommend always having at least 1 profile saved, default settings, XMP enabled, stuff you don't want disabled. I turn off some energysaving features, switch to Expert mode, no boot screen graphics etc. And usually I have a number of OC profiles. For RAM and CPU.

I don't think it can be the PSU because you have low power components. 2400G like 100 watts max maybe, is it the same for GPU? That's just 150-200 watts. Unless you have like 8 spinning harddrives too. Those pull 20-30 watts per unit so close to 200 watts total. Then it might be an issue with 450 W PSU.

Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
Easy way to test if it is the CPU OC. Go to BIOS, save current profile. Then Load Failsafe Defaults. You might have to enable XMP again. See if that changes anything since CPU should be running at stock clocks. If it doesn't, you can load the saved profile to go back to your CPU OC. I would recommend always having at least 1 profile saved, default settings, XMP enabled, stuff you don't want disabled. I turn off some energysaving features, switch to Expert mode, no boot screen graphics etc. And usually I have a number of OC profiles. For RAM and CPU.

I don't think it can be the PSU because you have low power components. 2400G like 100 watts max maybe, is it the same for GPU? That's just 150-200 watts. Unless you have like 8 spinning harddrives too. Those pull 20-30 watts per unit so close to 200 watts total. Then it might be an issue with 450 W PSU.

Okay I'll try that, and also I haven't activated any XMP Profile since I don't know if my RAM Supports it.

TRENDING THREADS