HuskyZ

Commendable
Mar 28, 2021
So ive been playing games like valorant, gta5, no mans sky, just cause and other games. The problem i noticed is that even the framerates are amazing for the type of specs i have(i7 2600 and a gtx 1650) but there are really annoying and noticable stutters every minute. Another thing is that i have a random 2x4 gb 1400mhz ram from a company i have never heard of. Do you guys think that the ram could be the problem and is it worth it if i upgrade to 2x8 gb ram?

Solution
So ive been playing games like valorant, gta5, no mans sky, just cause and other games. The problem i noticed is that even the framerates are amazing for the type of specs i have(i7 2600 and a gtx 1650) but there are really annoying and noticable stutters every minute. Another thing is that i have a random 2x4 gb 1400mhz ram from a company i have never heard of. Do you guys think that the ram could be the problem and is it worth it if i upgrade to 2x8 gb ram?
Yes, upgrading memory would certainly help specially with such random RAM you have.
1400MHz doesn't make sense as usual DDR3 RAM comes as 1066, 1333, 1600 or 1866MHz with occasional 2133MH.
Get a paired of RAM sticks fastest that your MB and CPU would support.
Yes, upgrading memory would certainly help specially with such random RAM you have.
1400MHz doesn't make sense as usual DDR3 RAM comes as 1066, 1333, 1600 or 1866MHz with occasional 2133MH.

Reactions: boju
Solution

HuskyZ

Commendable
Mar 28, 2021
im sorry i meant 1333 my bad. But thanks for the help ill for sure look for a better ram :). I have another question tho. I will be building a new pc in a few months and i was thinking that i could maybe just buy a 3200 mhz ram now, even tho my cpu doesnt support it but the ram should just run on 1333 that way i think, and then just transfer it into my new pc?

im sorry i meant 1333 my bad. But thanks for the help ill for sure look for a better ram :). I have another question tho. I will be building a new pc in a few months and i was thinking that i could maybe just buy a 3200 mhz ram now, even tho my cpu doesnt support it but the ram should just run on 1333 that way i think, and then just transfer it into my new pc?
Will not work.
Your existing ram is DDR3 and new 3200 ram is DDR4.

Reactions: CountMike