[SOLVED] Sudden Lowering of FPS in Games

Jan 17, 2020
Generally, I used to get 120+ FPS with 1440900 in CS:GO (Counter Strike: Global Offensive). Then I did not play any games for 10 days and later when I started to play CSGO again, I am getting 20-35 FPS with stuttering graphics on lowest resolution 600400 and sometimes drops to 10. I did not change any settings, did not do anything other than using some C++ IDEs. I then reinstalled windows 10, clean installed updated graphics driver, but did not see any improvement. Also, it happens for other games. I monitored CPU, GPU temperatures they do not exceed 55 degrees, fans are working normally too. Also, all settings are on high performance, and power savings turned off, charger is plugged in. Kindly suggest me any solution to be able to play as earlier with high FPS.
Laptop specs:
HP Pavilion Notebook
RAM : 8 GB DDR 4
GPU : NVIDIA 940 MX (4 GB)
HDD : 1 TB

Solution
Was your cpu/ram score perfoming as expected? Or did it just stop working?

Your gpu is probably faulty in a way, my guess is that you will have higher and more stable fps if you run it with the integrated graphics now.

You can try a full DDU and reinstall the gpu drivers from the site of your laptop (not from nvidia). Otherwise return it for checkup if you still are in warranty.

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
You most likely are running on your iGPU. Go to the Nvidia control panel (right mouse on desktop) and then "manage 3d settings" iirc. There should somewhere be an option to choose the "powerful 3d nvidia graphics" for CSGO.
Haven't played on a laptop for a while so don't know the exact settings, but you can look it up online.

Jan 17, 2020
You most likely are running on your iGPU. Go to the Nvidia control panel (right mouse on desktop) and then "manage 3d settings" iirc. There should somewhere be an option to choose the "powerful 3d nvidia graphics" for CSGO.
Haven't played on a laptop for a while so don't know the exact settings, but you can look it up online.
Thanks for responding but it is already set on dedicated nvidia gpu for games in control panel. And I checked it from resource monitor too, games are running on NVDIA GPU.

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020

Your gpu is probably faulty in a way, my guess is that you will have higher and more stable fps if you run it with the integrated graphics now.

You can try a full DDU and reinstall the gpu drivers from the site of your laptop (not from nvidia). Otherwise return it for checkup if you still are in warranty.

Solution
Jan 17, 2020

I tried it, but it didn't help. Unistalled it in safemode, then downloaded driver installed it still same issue, and I noticed that GPU works normally with other games as it should be but on CS;GO FPS dropped from 120+ to 30-40 and CPU usage is 100% of all cores but temperature is normal 55 degrees.