Question Suddenly slow internet speed only on Pc.

Feb 22, 2022
(New PC got it 2-3 weeks ago) Hello whilst I was playing a game averaging (50-90ping) suddenly started to spike to 300s then 700s then ultimately to 20-30k which I thought it was my router so I went and restarted it, but even after that it was still very laggy, so I searched up speed test and I was getting around 0.3mb/s and I've tried countless methods such as

cmd - dnsflush
updated driver
changing dns address in control panel
deleting temp and restarting
disabling ipv6
network reseting
And now I've tried windows full reset which actually improved it to around 1.7mb/s tp 3mb/s, but definitely not good as it used to be.

My specs:
GeForce RTX 2060
6GB,
8GB RAM,
500GB PCIe SSD,
Operator: Win 11 (Downgraded to Win 10)
2.6 GHz core_i5
Adapter: Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168: Value Dual Band 802.11a/b/g

Any answers will help, Thank you.

This is what you see when you get wifi interference most times from outside your house.

I would first try a ethernet cable to see if it the wifi or something else. Wifi problems tend to be very hard to fix since most times it your neighbors causing it.

This problem is why it is recommended to never play online games on wifi. Pretty much only games have huge problems with the latency issues caused by wifi.

Feb 22, 2022
Anyway that you could link me some ethernet cables? and also I tried moving my pc closer to the router which helped it go from 3mbps to around 10, but still isn't that much better.

Last edited:
Many people like monorprice brand

This is a 50ft cable so it is a little more costly. What is key is to make sure the advertising is like this one. It very clearly says the cable is copper and tells you the wire size.

In general because of the shipping costs you can get a cable from your local home improvement store or maybe a office store for about the same price or less than online. In most cases these stores do not sell junk cable....some do so read the package. They generally don't sell trash because they almost all accept returns.

Feb 22, 2022
I'd like to say that I don't really wanna move my setup next to my router (Hitron) as it is downstairs, so by chance is there any other way to fix the WIFI issue without the ethernet, or could it possibly be a hardware issue for the adapter? (Question: Is there a way to get a wireless router that can connect from the router downstairs to in my room, so I don't need to move my setup downstairs?)

Feb 22, 2022
Nevermind I just removed the coax thing and put it in my room. Will test out the Ethernet sometime this week and report back on it, Thank you. (Getting around 10-15, or 20 sometimes mbps with wireless)

If it doesn't hurt other devicecs performance to move the modem/router then that maybe your simple solution.

Since you have coax you can also consider MoCA devices instead of a ethernet or wifi in the long term if you have to move the modem/router back to it first location.