[SOLVED] Surround Speakers on PC

Spidernone

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016
I have 2.1 speakers connected to my motherboard's LINE OUT port and it is working fine. Recently, I got some free speakers so I wanted to connect them to my PC and get a 5.1 system. I got a connector like the one in the picture and I put two speakers in the REAR port on the motherboard. The sound is working but it is VERY low. I tried increasing decibels in Realtek software, it helped but it is still very low. Where is the issue?
My motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Auros Elite.

R_1

Glorious
Ambassador
which speakers? does the the 2.1 system have a power cord?
do they have a powered AMP inside them?
a PC only has like a 3W audio output and if you put 100W speakers on that 3W signal the audio will be very low. computer speakers will have a powered AMP inside them to combat this. you need speakers with an AMP or you need to route the signal from the audio out to a proper audio receiver to boost the signal.

R_1

Glorious
Ambassador
a PC only has like a 3W audio output and if you put 100W speakers on that 3W signal the audio will be very low. computer speakers will have a powered AMP inside them to combat this. you need speakers with an AMP or you need to route the signal from the audio out to a proper audio receiver to boost the signal.

Spidernone

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016
Thanks a lot! This explained it all to me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS