Sep 2, 2019
Hi everyone, since I have installed AMD Adrenalin 2020 on my laptop, I am no longer able to configure switchable graphics to my discrete card. This is a bit of a nuisance, as now my photo editing software and games do not run nearly as well as previously. In fact, hardware acceleration for Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Products no longer works. I have looked at Windows Settings, but for both power-saving and hi-performance options, it is restricted to my (average) integrated graphics.

Is there any other way to configure my graphics back to incorporate my discrete again, or will a rollback to 2019 drivers be required?

Sep 2, 2019
Sounds like graphics driver may not be fully compatible.

Graphics driver is from laptop maker's website?
Hi there Phillip, thanks for getting back to me. I've always followed AMD's updates through its software. Actually, I've never considered installing drivers from my laptop's website (Lenovo). I will do a complete cleanup and reinstallation of AMD Drivers now.

Also, thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate forum, I wasn't aware of that.

Sep 2, 2019
OK, I've installed the drivers provided by Lenovo from their website, and I think it's the easiest to say that it "half works."

My games (Cities: Skylines) was using my M330 Discrete GPU (looked on Task Manager) and I noticed slightly better performance; how I remember it being.

However, Microsoft Word opened up to a mostly blank screen (no words, only boxes), making it obvious to me that it wasn't (properly?) utilising Hardware Acceleration.

I noticed a couple of things in the AMD Software now,
  1. It's obviously a much older version, I kind of like it (Crimson Edition from like 2017)
  2. Under System, one of the tabs titles reads Radeon R5 M330 (Linked). Now, I always recall it saying "Discrete". Change of wording, or a more major difference?
  3. It was a little worrying to see that Windows Settings still recognised my default power saving & high-performance GPU to be my R5 Integrated
What does everyone think?