[SOLVED] Switched from amd gpu to GTX 1080, no display, no startup.

Jan 3, 2020
So I've been using my r9 290 for about 2 years, my motherboard is new, there's no ram problems, PSU is fine and so far I never had any issues. Even recently which is yesterday I bought myself a new cooler for CPU and installed it about 20h before this post here, and there was no complications, until this new card I plugged in...

I bought a Palit GTX 1080 off of an auction, for barely 82 British Pounds.
The seller mentioned there's a no display issue with the card, however it's basically brand new as he used it only for 1hour trying to fix the said issue, and yes the card has no signs of wear or dust on it, however there's this issue which prevents me from using it.

To clarify, even if it does not work with my PC right now, if I plug in my old GPU it works without ANY issues, so I doubt there's anything wrong with my rig, and its 99% the 1080 GPU.

As for what exactly happens when I use the 1080 card:

-The card lights up
-Fans do spin at a normal pace
-The LEDs on the front of the card are lighting up, going through 3 colors, stopping at green.
-With all cables (hdmi, vgi and DP) connected all of them act as if nothing happened and stay unactive.
-My keyboard does not light up like is does with my other gpu (LED does not light up)

Also I dont think it's the PSU issue, as my r9 290 requires 14 pins and has higher power consumption while 1080 needs only 8 pin anyway.

as for the rest of my rig:
16gb 2400mhz hyperxfury
intel i5-6500 cpu
GIGABYTE Z270 -D3 mobo

Jan 3, 2020
Have you used DDU to uninstall the AMD drivers first before plugging your new GPU in?
At first I didnt even know this exist, however after doing more research I did use DDU, in safe mode too, but the response from the card was the same, although at that time LEDs in my keyboard did light up, but still no feed from the monitors.