[SOLVED] System cannot find bootable device, but the drive shows in the BIOS

Nov 7, 2015
Hello,

I've just upgraded my PC, having kept the 3 storage drives from my last build. When booting the machine, it sends me straight to the BIOS and every attempt to load Windows gives me the error that no bootable devices can be found. It does, however, detect the drive with Windows on it but attempting to change the boot order gives me the same error that no bootable devices were found.

It's trying to load Windows 7, using an i7-9700, nvidia 2070 super. Don't think there should be any compatibility issues.
I'm not sure what I can do to try and resolve this, does anyone have any suggestions?

Here are some pictures showing the devices in the BIOS and the error message I receive: View: https://imgur.com/a/ElV6CL2

Thanks in advance

Solution
You should give up on installing Windows 7 on a platform that does not native support that OS. Sure you can install the OS but the method in which you need to create a bootable installer with the necessary drivers being injected into it, leaves a lot out of the platforms performance benefits.

Speaking of benefits, you will also miss out on security updates when on the older OS on a newer platform. Best install Windows 10 after creating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Lutfij

Titan
You should give up on installing Windows 7 on a platform that does not native support that OS. Sure you can install the OS but the method in which you need to create a bootable installer with the necessary drivers being injected into it, leaves a lot out of the platforms performance benefits.

Speaking of benefits, you will also miss out on security updates when on the older OS on a newer platform. Best install Windows 10 after creating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Solution