Question Taking ages to boot

PartyOtter

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
ISSUE # 1 - Boot time :

Hi, my computer is having a myriad of issues for a few months now. Around 6 months ago, boot time went from taking 5-6 seconds to almost 20 minutes. Originally when I booted up, The black screen would go to the windows log in immediately. Once I entered pin, it loaded the main desktop almost immediately. Now when I turn the PC on, windows log in opens immediately. However after I enter the pin, my screen goes completely black. After around 5 minutes I can move my mouse around but no response from the screen. After another 5 minutes my icons on the desktop load and I can click on them, but no response. Finally, after around 20 minutes, everything loads in (my background) and other programs and I can use the PC. After the arduous load-in, the PC is perfectly functional, with no deficits.

ISSUE # 2 - Screen freeze

When the above issue began, my computer also started freezing at random times. I would be watching a youtube video or doing something, and suddenly nothing is responding to clicks. The audio still plays fine. The only solution had been to restart the pc via shutting it off and on.

ISSUE # 3 - Memory increase

This is very recent and is related to the above issues. My PC randomly reloaded my GPU, and since then, every program aside from Chrome has a memory leak. When I open task manager, upon booting the program, both CPU, DISK, and Memory go to 100% and the PC freezes.

NOTE * My drivers are completely updated and reinstalled recently, so it's not that. What should I do?

My Specs are as follows :

Case: Fractal Meshify C

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X

Cooler: Kraken x53 AIO Liquid Cooler

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F (WiFi)

Ram: 32 GB DDR4-3200 MHZ Trident G.Skill RGB

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super

SSD: Samsung M.2 970 EVO PLUS 1TB

PSU: Corsair RMX 750W 80+ Gold Certified

Monitor: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch 144Hz

ISSUE # 1 - Boot time :

Hi, my computer is having a myriad of issues for a few months now. Around 6 months ago, boot time went from taking 5-6 seconds to almost 20 minutes. Originally when I booted up, The black screen would go to the windows log in immediately. Once I entered pin, it loaded the main desktop almost immediately. Now when I turn the PC on, windows log in opens immediately. However after I enter the pin, my screen goes completely black. After around 5 minutes I can move my mouse around but no response from the screen. After another 5 minutes my icons on the desktop load and I can click on them, but no response. Finally, after around 20 minutes, everything loads in (my background) and other programs and I can use the PC. After the arduous load-in, the PC is perfectly functional, with no deficits.

ISSUE # 2 - Screen freeze

When the above issue began, my computer also started freezing at random times. I would be watching a youtube video or doing something, and suddenly nothing is responding to clicks. The audio still plays fine. The only solution had been to restart the pc via shutting it off and on.

ISSUE # 3 - Memory increase

This is very recent and is related to the above issues. My PC randomly reloaded my GPU, and since then, every program aside from Chrome has a memory leak. When I open task manager, upon booting the program, both CPU, DISK, and Memory go to 100% and the PC freezes.

NOTE * My drivers are completely updated and reinstalled recently, so it's not that. What should I do?

My Specs are as follows :

Case: Fractal Meshify C

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X

Cooler: Kraken x53 AIO Liquid Cooler

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F (WiFi)

Ram: 32 GB DDR4-3200 MHZ Trident G.Skill RGB

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super

SSD: Samsung M.2 970 EVO PLUS 1TB

PSU: Corsair RMX 750W 80+ Gold Certified

Monitor: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch 144Hz
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (ver 2803 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), enable XMP (also set RttNom to 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr to 3 (or 80ohm), and RttPark to 1~3 (or 240~80ohm) for stability IF you're using 4x8gb single rank or 2X16gb Dual Ranked/2Rx8), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.06 that's installed. The Asus one listed the old drivers, so better try to use the latest ones. Also check on power plan and see if Ryzen Balanced Power Plan is used instead regular Balanced Power Plan.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png