The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jeremyp79

Distinguished
I've had no issues with mine, even after moving everything to my new case it kept my red led going. Can't wait to get my stuff in to make a window and psu shroud for this thing, I'm excited :-D

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I Just painted the bezels on my Vengeance C70. What do you guys think?

Before:
aghddffhdf_zps31ac8c0b.jpg

After:
IMG_20140227_164647_zpsswdfefcw.jpg

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Thanks, Lutfij! The picture doesn't show the flaws, though. I am going to start over on the front panel. But thanks to Plastidip, I can just peel it off lol.

You have some good eyes to notice those are aviators. However, they are not Raybans. Just cheap ones I found at the mall. Though, I am trying to convince myself I need the Rayban Wayfarers.

Edit: I forgot the first picture shows them well. I was looking at the second picture that just showed a small part of them lol.

Vegetablegod, it looks great painted. Plastidip is amazing stuff. I have used it for a bunch of stuff. Also, once you get a quality pair of sunglasses, you will never go back to cheap stuff.

I currently have these Gucci's I bought new in 2012 on HUGE sale:
GUCCI-CITY-SERIES-COLLECTION-LONDON-7.jpg

I also have this pair of Oakley's for track days as they fit better under my helmet:
Oakleys.jpg

Nice sunglasses are really worth the money in my book.

Awesome motherboard, Stick. Is that the VI gene? I've seen a lot of people get rid of their MSI motherboards. Makes me think...

Tiny - I love a nice pair of sun glasses, Too!

vegetablegod - Good work! Made that case look even better

Lutfij

Titan
I never got around to wearing proper sunglasses - dunno, they make me look funky :) I do however own 2 sets of Porsche P8153 's and I love them. Thinking of venturing into their sunglasses range but the prices are hefty on the wallet.

Stickg1 - so if the extra was not the 240GB msata ssd then what was it then, the door hanger? :) Oh yeah what made you sway over to ROG? the Mpower had any issues? I didn't see you much on the Mpower club on OCN though while everybody else was clocking that board to Mars...

VG - I'd like to scope out more pics of your build though :) If you're going one step further by sleeving, check out Lutro0's telios or MDPC-x's titanium grey mkII sleeves, should be the bomb!

No pics (nothing to see, really), but I have just added "Midget" to my collection of systems. It is a Thinkpad X140E, which has an A4-5000/HD8330 APU in it. I'm still in the process of setting it up (it arrived last night), but so far it has been quicker than I thought it would be. It comes with a 7200RPM HDD, defaulted to Windows 7 Professional, which I'll be keeping.

The MPOWER was a fantastic board. One of my favorites yet. This Caselabs case only takes a mATX though. I don't want to give up my 5GHz 3570K either so I got the only Z77 mATX board I could find with available VRM cooling block.

Lutfij

Titan
Neither, go for EVGA and we can have a variety of mobo makers on this section :)

Stickg1 - Are you sure you can get a mobo tray replacement to cater to the atx board?

On the flip side, I really don't see much use for an atx/e-atx board if all you're going to do throughout product lifetime is populate a single GPU in that board. If you're someone who goes single GPU's from the get go then I believe matx is the route to go for... and mitx considering how much stuff is packed into a tiny PCB. If you should know I'm a convert to SFF systems and I'm pushing this trend around my neck of the woods with my client interiors and builds since so much space gets freed up.

No more kicking your system when you stretch your legs nor does it take out 1/3rd of you desk space :p

Lutfij - sorry but I kinda disagree with the EVGA point. Azz, Get what you want. Dont be like me and listen to people like I got a 280x which if love but I still wish I had got a 770. Be safe and get what you want. Again Azz, I have GD65 not an mPOWER board. Hopefully, my next mobo will be asus like an ROG or something so I say got for the asus but again, for for what you want.