Scott_130

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 29, 2016
So I own a ThinkPad t430 for the last 2 years, today I took it apart and cleaned the keyboard out and removed it. Now I've put it back in and almost all of the keys do not work at all anymore and I'm not sure what to do, I've checked it's connected properly. The Power button, Volume keys and trackpoint all work but most keys do not. Does anyone know what to do and if it's fixable?

Thanks, if worse comes to worse I'll have to fit a new keyboard but they ain't cheap for these machines!
Cheers

Partial functionality is usually a sign of either a bad connection or a faulty keyboard. It failing suddenly would be a crappy coincidence, so make absolute certain the connection at the board is still good. Check that it's not just fully inserted, but also secured (there's usually a clamping/locking mechanism), and that the cable isn't damaged in any way (bent pins, tears, liquid marks/stains, etc.).

Hopefully it's salvageable!

Scott_130

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 29, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with it, it just clips on to a port sorta thing on the motherboard and it clicks in fine but only some keys work, if I put pressure some other keys start working.

TRENDING THREADS