museprime

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013
So I stumbled across this Factory Refurbished Legion 7. Sealed and all from Micro Center. Seems like it performs like a champ. The only issue I've encountered really is IPS glow. Which I only see when powering down or up. I never really see other than that. (I'll post some pictures.

I've considered one of the new Zephyrus Models. I do like that they are lightweight. But I hear Lenovo legion laptop are at least in the top 3-5. I've been a fan of Ryzen but I like that intel flavor have thunderbolt.

I got this sealed refurbished model from Micro Center for $1399. I am wondering if I should just keep it. or should I take it back and wait for the Asus model or even another brand?

Here's the link to micro center page. I would appreciate any advice especially with my OCD.

Here the specs as well
  • Intel Core i7 11th Gen 11800H 2.3GHz Processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
  • 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
  • 1TB Solid State Drive
  • Microsoft Windows 11 Home
  • 2x2 802.11ax Wireless+Bluetooth 5.1
  • 16.0" WQXGA IPS Anti-Glare 165Hz Display with Dolby Vision
https://www.microcenter.com/product...ssor;_NVIDIA_GeForce_RTX_3070_8GB_GDDR6;_16GB

D

Deleted member 362816

I am pretty sure the Legion 7 is a full wattage GPU vs the gimped ones that get put into the Zephyrus. That would be a no go at least for me. Legion 7 pretty good laptop over all.