[SOLVED] Time sync issue

Hamza9047

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014
Hi guys, I am having a weird windows time desync issue with my PC. Time (Windows Clock to be specific) does not sync on Pc startup and clock always shows Last shutdown time. I have tried a lot of troubleshooting myself which is as follows:

-Tried everything related to w32 time service and time synchronization in task scheduler
-Tried Reinstalling new windows
-Tried updating bios to same and older versions
-Tried changing CMOS battery twice
-Tried changing all OC settings to default

CPU and Mobo are: R5 3600 Msi x370 sli plus

Solution
Look in Reliability History (user friendly) and Event viewer (not so user friendly) for error codes, warnings, and even informational events related to date and/or time.

Look in Task Manager (Startup) for anything running in the background that could be making changes.

What about BIOS: My thought is that you have tried changing/correcting the date and time therein - just confirm as necessary.

Boot into Safe Mode and determine if the date and time are correct.

Launch Powershell and use the Get-Date cmdlet to determine if a different time and date is displayed.

==========

PS C:\Users\Youruser name here> Get-Date

Results:

Friday, November 27, 2020 3:34:11 PM

============

Have you tried either "sfc /scannow" or "dism"...

Ralston18

Titan
Is your computer going online to sync date and time?

Could be an issue with the sync site (website).

Type "timedate.cpl" (without quotes) in the Type here to search box.

In the Date and Time window that appears. check the Internet time tab and "Change settings"

Try another source.

Hamza9047

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014
Is your computer going online to sync date and time?

Could be an issue with the sync site (website).

Type "timedate.cpl" (without quotes) in the Type here to search box.

In the Date and Time window that appears. check the Internet time tab and "Change settings"

Try another source.
Yes i have already tried this with multiple time servers, nothing worked

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History (user friendly) and Event viewer (not so user friendly) for error codes, warnings, and even informational events related to date and/or time.

Look in Task Manager (Startup) for anything running in the background that could be making changes.

What about BIOS: My thought is that you have tried changing/correcting the date and time therein - just confirm as necessary.

Launch Powershell and use the Get-Date cmdlet to determine if a different time and date is displayed.

==========

Results:

============

Have you tried either "sfc /scannow" or "dism" via the command prompt. Two other ways of fixing Windows problems.

Reference:

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

Solution

Hamza9047

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014

==========

Results:

============

Have you tried either "sfc /scannow" or "dism" via the command prompt. Two other ways of fixing Windows problems.

Reference:

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
There were no error codes or warnings related to time service in reliability history and event viewer

There is nothing specific in the startup (ICUE, GSKILL app and Microsoft security notifications)

Tried changing the time in bios but as i said restarting the pc again and again doest desync the time, only when i
shutdown and then turn it on thats when the time is wrong (i.e shows last shutdown time) but date is correct.

sfc /scannow didnt show any corrupt files, as I said I reinstalled the windows.

Now I am thinking it could be a motherboard issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Thanks.

Because you are becoming suspicious about the motherboard I am going to move this thread over to the Motherboard category.

Hopefully some additional "eyes" on the problem will recognize the problem and/or identify some error of omission or commission on my part.

I have no problems with that.

Reactions: Hamza9047

TRENDING THREADS