TMPGEnc Audio/Video Sync Problems

Hi All, Im having some problems with TMPGEnc incurring a slight video
delay after encoding an XVid avi to mpeg-2. Ive used TMPGEnc for a
long time and have never experienced this problem before. Ive been
trying to encode the O.C episodes that have been dled but pretty much
every one develops lip sync problems.

Ive tried encoding several different methods, CBR, VBR, decompressed
audio, extracted audio but nothing seems to work. Decompressed audio
(using decompress.exe) develops a constant delay, but extracted audio
(wav) .results in a gradual delay.

Id really like to avoid syncing manually so if anyone has any tips on
how to avoid this, or alternatively suggest a suitable alternative to
TMPGEnc it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

"FirewallVictim" <catazy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All, Im having some problems with TMPGEnc incurring a slight video
> delay after encoding an XVid avi to mpeg-2. Ive used TMPGEnc for a
> long time and have never experienced this problem before. Ive been
> trying to encode the O.C episodes that have been dled but pretty much
> every one develops lip sync problems.

Assuming that it is in sync as Xvid, you might try one of those
$70 settop DVD players that can play MPEG4 and Dvid; WalMart
had a Philips unit, as I remember it.
/Ken

On 15 Jun 2004 15:50:11 -0700, catazy@hotmail.com (FirewallVictim)
wrote:

>Hi All, Im having some problems with TMPGEnc incurring a slight video
>delay after encoding an XVid avi to mpeg-2.

XVid is a bag of headaches, and it is well known that it behaves badly
in Tmpgenc. I would try demuxing into PCM wav and Huffyuv video.