Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I don't have time to reply to all relevant posts today, need sleep :),
But I would like to rectify an error,
I'm the Resident Cable Monster, or as a recent post suggested, Moto-Cablemaster,
I strongly dislike the Nazi reference although I know its not intended to offend,
unfortunately it does,
/Sensible rant over :)
Moto

theGeezus

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Imma keep this post, to edit when I get to build my rig next week, all of your rigs look awesome, especially the ones with good cable management (tidy here :D)

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Should have my pictures up within the next week. Just waiting for the last of the fan extension cables to arrive.

System updates:
ASUS VG278h
EVGA 670 FTW SLi
Corsair AX 850
Braided cables
3x Akasa Apache 140mm
2 Akasa Apache 120mm

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
I have missed reading this thread since work cut down my computer time; :fou: still trying to catch up on all the great systems since MARCH! :sweat:
Can't wait until I save up for a new system or upgrades so I can post to this thread again... ;)

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Ah I remember my first pc

a pos gateway that wouldn't even run D2... Yes run it... I couldn't install the game...

Had a Dell family pc that played D2 fine tho.

Them dial up days...

I couldn't even list you what they had in them, mainly because I was pc tard :)

Wraith1213

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

I am a fulltime worker and student and did this build in the two hours of spare time i had lol. Also, Moto, sorry will never call you a cm nazi again :p :ange: :hello:

Wraith1213

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

lol it shall never happen again.. this week :p lol jk man i'll not use that term again :D :cry:

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Update coming soon. Spray painted the entire HAF 932 matt black. Looks practically as good as factory. All I did was use rubbing alcohol to wipe it down of dust and made 2 coats of completely flat black spray paint. Oh and I bought a geforce GT 210 for like 25bucks so I can hook up two more monitors to it.

tcman50

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

Just built this computer after my other one blew a power supply and motherboard after having to hard power down because in act of partitioning my hard drive, the whole thing hung on me. The overclock made a big difference in the overall performance of the computer, embeded graphics is ok for me because I don't game anymore.

Motherboard : Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU : Intel I5 3570K 3.4ghz auto-tuned to 4.2ghz
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 (cpu embeded)
Memory : Corsair Vegenance DDR3-1600, 4 x 4gb
CPU Cooler : Cool Master H212 Plus
Hard Drives: qty.4 hdd, 500gb,1tb,1tb,1.5tb
Power Supply : Ultra 650W
Case: Corsair 400R Carbide Series
Fans: qty.5 120mm, 4 monitored by motherboard
Monitor: AOC 2770Vh1
Bios: AI tweaker, allowing bios ctrl from windows

tcman50

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Good build Tcman50.

I would do a little work on your cables, just tuck them behind the motherboard tray ect, that will help with airflow and keeping things neat.

thanks

Compared to my older builds this case is much cleaner, if you can believe that :D, also in retrospect after talking to a buddy of mine probably should of went with a SSD drive for windows, oh well, can always copy the windows image and swicth over drives later.

I did as much cable work as I could, all the sata cables and serial power cables for my 4 hard drives are tucked on the other side of the case, power supply isn't modular so those cables take up a bunch of space, if I get anytime in the near future I might try to tuck away some more of the cables though. :)

Robi_g

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
My current rig is new apart from motherboard and everything on it, should I post it as it is or wait a couple of weeks until I've finished upgrading it?