Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 128 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
@ Palladin, Yeah thats what i have seen was one for certain cases but that was what im looking for. I wanted to go overkill on radiator space because I will probably xfire the 6950 before i upgrade and add another slim rad to the bottom of case was some ideas anyways.

@ Russ, Thanks man i appreciate it i have alot of time and money in her.

I have a evolution of my pc wih more pictures Here

dj_crossbones

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

Will do in about 2 weeks, I ordered some stuff that should help me tidy up the internals, with everything I have running there are a lot of wires and I mean a lot as well as when I peeked in there it looks like an arizona dust bowl, I might even yank out I drive (the xp) cause frankly I just don't use it anymore, but I did order a fan controller and some wireties as well as some lighting so I will post soon but I still think I'm gonna get lynched :lol:

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
@ Proxi, I was looking for something to go over sides but i think im just going to use mesh that i cut and add fans on top and mesh the sides and get a fan cover

RussK1

Splendid

I actually like the way it looks now.... gives it an industrial look plus it'll be easy to clean.

heres mine

My specs are:
2550k @4.8ghz
Asrock z77 pro4-m
razor keyboard and crab gigabyte wireless mouse
toshiba 32 inch tv i got on black friday :D
8 gigs of ram (yes I have my ram mixed one of the sticks decided to give me errors)
Antec High Current Gamer Series 750W PSU
2x Seagate Barracuda 500gb RAID 0
logitech 5.1 speakers
Corsair H100 with some aftermarket fans I forgot what brand they are

dbh208.jpg

2gyc5ma.jpg

2d7wvw5.jpg

1zlymwo.jpg

2le4f2f.jpg

3508fol.jpg

TienNguyen

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
AEwz4m9.jpg

Case: Corsair 500R
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
CPU Cooler: Hyper Evo 212
GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 @ 1235/1700
RAM: 8 GB (2x4) Ripjaws X
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro
PSU: Corsair HX750
HDD: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda
SSD: 120 GB Intel 520 series

TienNguyen

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks, Lutfij! I actually just re-did it 2 nights ago, because I hated how it was before. I'm interested to know what I could do to improve it, though!

Lutfij

Titan
/sinister laugh hehehehe

Okay :)

Depending on how you use your other UBS'd hardware - you could move your USB extension bracket to the lower (or top) most PCI bracket - give you more of a tight/snug fit with the cables and see if you can tuck them between the mobo+tray or route the cables under and between the GPU and the slots.

The 24pin mobo connector looks a lil too slack - get it tightened and it'll look sharp along with the 2x PCI-E cables that need to come from above the GPU instead of the side. From the angle at which you've taken the pic - you could manage to hide some of that USB 3.0 cable with the PCI-E cables coming out of the port the 24pin pops out of and swooping it over the card.

The FP (I/O) cable can come out of the port near the PSU to look like they ran parallel to the vertical edge of the mobo.

Move HDD to lower most bay.

The only additional hardware you'll need to liven the rig up would be some ziptie mounts, a bag of zipties - 3~4"+7" and a ram kit in blue or black - i know i know, you go the G.skills as a promotional offer :p but the red dimms have offset your blue, black and white theme.

Seriously though, with the hardware you have and the way you've worked on it - I have nothing bad to say about it [:lutfij:3]

Some examples made with my rig
IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

^ they're stealthy but are obvious once you pay attention to the cables directions.
IMG_0267-1.jpg

TienNguyen

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Heh, great minds think alike, I guess, as I've tried most of this. I've tried moving the USB extension bracket to the top, but there is no way to get it plugged in. I could move it to the lower bracket, but then I don't like it so close to the PSU fan.

The MOBO connector, I actually was able to just tighten it more, so thanks for that! The big issue that I am having with the PCI-E cables, as well as the USB 3.0 cables is that they can't bend any further.

As far as my RAM, I actually bought the blue ones (Didn't get them as part of a promo), but Newegg sent me the red ones instead. I was going to exchange them, but they had already caused me another previous delay, so I didn't want to bother.

Will try to move my HDD later, but I think I ran into a SATA issue with the SSD getting in it's way.

Thanks for the advice. :)

EDIT: Is that a custom loop cooler?

Not happy with your tubing work there my Padawan hehe, that pump could be at the top, hiding that side port tube, Even my Gf said that lol
/Stern frown, 'Again!'
I know you're in progress though so I'm going to withold anymore criticism for now, I expect great things from you though.
@Alvine, I love the topmount Rad there, I've said to so many H100 owners to do just that and its nice to finally see it done, fits really nicely with the top of your case as well,
trim could be tidier and ofc cables but you're fighting the urge (for now) to tidy them so I'll not pick it to bits until you want me to :)
But for now, Please just unwrap the wires you have wrapped around other cables and tuck them out of sight somewhere, you are creating resistance there and extra heat/pull on your Psu, potentially nice rig so don't risk it by making it a firetrap!
Moto

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
What's your advice on hiding my front panel cables, I never use front audio so thinking about shoving that behind mobo but I always use front usb

Never use them? unplug at the front and remove then,
For other Fp cables drill/cut a small hole the connector can pass through in the mobo tray just inside the perimeter of where the mobo will mount, feed through from rear of panel,
mount mobo and plug connectors up then pull from behind to take up slack, you can also sleeve or tape them with black tape to further stealth them
Moto

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
so while this isn't mine, this is very close to the build I want to eventually own.

c96d8fc8_003_Mar.jpeg

notably the incredibly well done color-schemed cable management.

the only thing I would change would be to switch from 680's to 7970's.

Lutfij

Titan
:) Open a thread in the watercooling section and you'll have more attention with your builds necessities. This, mind you, is a member system gallery.

Its known as cable sleeving - might want to look it up and do some reading. Sleeving is an amazing way to manage cables with a touch of color :p

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I posted my build and everyone is is giving advice on how to make it look better I just wanted some advice too I don't see how it's any different from you helping tien. Also the cables are sleeved..

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
well, I won't be able to build this for another few years. no cash flow. (uni student)

anyways, my current build:

yeah, it's a nest

only problem is that the cables the case provided for front I/O are too short to route any other way, same with fan connectors. The case is an antec 300 (got it for 30 USD, I needed something cheap) but I'm thinking about switching to a HAF 912 just for the cable management options available there.

plus, a fully modular PSU would be nice, especially if I could get longer cables. if I could get my hands on those 3 things, I think my case could go a long way (not color schemed, just managed)