Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 131 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D

Deleted member 362816

you want to see the melted pile that my computer is or the new one??? or both lol!!!

D

Deleted member 362816

Lol when you guys seem the ruined rig you are going to ask me if i poured gas on it and lit a match. Sadly I didnt. Half of the case is missiing because i threw off my desk when it lit up.

My desk costed me over 700$ so I made a fast decision on what to let burn.

Give me a day to get the pictures uploaded.

Lutfij

Titan
:lol: now that was the best ting I've heard. Reminds me when I had a burger wrapped in a foil paper which was also in paperbag that I put inside a microwave to heatup - the thing caught fire and I had to act quick and toss the burger and beat the flames out :p

Well, I suppose the rig cost less than the desk and the desk was a rare find :) still is a nice thing to know, you have a leg and a arm to write home about [:lutfij:3]

Take your time with the rig pics!

D

Deleted member 362816

My wife ran into the room and asked me what happen. Well first she said why did you throw the computer. Then I was told I need to control my anger. Then she looked and seen it was smoking and asked why I lit it on fire. I looked at her and said really is this what you think I do for fun.

Point of the story is I guess its more likely that I would like it on fire myself and throw it across the room then to have it happen on its own due to product failure.

Morel of the story is it took about 25 pictures for corsair to beleive me that I did do this on purpose. Lmao. Also I have to send all of these parts into them for replacement. I think they want to more or less know what caused this and to hopefully make sure this doesn't happen to other people with the Ax psy series.

**Moral of the story is it took about 25 pictures for corsair to believe me that I didn't do this on purpose**
Did/Didn't very important distinction here mate :p
I'm very happy to hear Corsairs approach here though, most manufacturers would wheel out the 'not responsible for damage to other components' mantra,
Now, how can I overload mine to get a free upgrade hehe
*Disclaimer, I'm not frying my rig for anything**
Other than my own entertainment ofc hehe

Moto

Rue22

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

IMG_9573.jpg

Here is after taking your advice Moto.

IMG_9591.jpg

What do you guys think?

Rue22

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks!~ Sucks I don't have a clear side panel for it though, might order 1 and get a led strip later.

phx08

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Just finished mine up a few hours ago...Please excuse my wire managing...will be getting better when I have time.

Of course, no build is complete without a chihuahua and a boston!

DSC_8340e.jpg

DSC_8439e.jpg

DSC_8436e.jpg

DSC_8432e.jpg

DSC_8433e.jpg

DSC_8440e.jpg

DSC_8453e.jpg

DSC_8460e.jpg

D

Deleted member 362816

@phx08

First off It looks good.

mAtx mobo in a 800d? :(

Sadly the corsair 800/700d are for watercooling.... Pretty much only watercooling....

Why in the world did you pick this case. I've had it still do its horrible for air cooling.

Please tell me you bought this in order to watercool otherwise you get thumbs up for it looking good and thumbs down for aircooling a 800d

D

Deleted member 362816

@phx08

Sounds great. I have worked with a few 800d watercooling build. Let me know if you need any help.

My fav is a 480 on top and a 360 out the back!

D

Deleted member 362816

From what I can see its going to cost allot to watercooled that system lol.!!!!

Rue22

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I've looked around at numerous sites for mods on the haf 912, got a few Ideas I'd like to include. The biggest item on my list of
things to get is a nvidia 680 or the 690 in a few months. But for now I`m going to add abit of bling bling lol. I was thinking of a
corsair water cooler for my cpu but would be more for looks. I got a stable oc of 4.5 at 12.0v idling at around 28-30 and max load about 65-68 with the evo 212 on my 3570k, don`t see any point going beyond that unless I want bragging rights or whatever.

I know one thing I`m diffidently getting a skull fan grill if I get the clear side panel.

D

Deleted member 362816

I see that is a eatx now. I got confuzed I have never seen a 800d so bare.

As for watercooling.

You have 2 gtx 670's from what I can see so thats 2 waterblocks $100+ each

Cpu waterblock $70+

480mm rad if you mod the case $100+

Good Pump to handle the loop $70+

Fittings and so on i bet you spend $500+ easy Imo thats is allot of money. When I did my 800d with a 2600k and 2x gtx 580's I spent about $1000 on just watercooling parts and sensors.

I only buy from frozencpu so Its a bit pricey but I pay for exellent service.

Rue22

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
there any good guide for custom water cooling? I don't think I could get away with it in a haf 912 without external pieces, would like to have a reservoir on the inside. But for future purposes and interests can someone direct me to a good guide?

phx08

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for the list Cia24...the price really isn't an issue so i'll look into the parts on the site you recommended. What is the FPI number on that rad? What delta are you running in your system?

I wanted to do more research before water cooling so I didn't make any mistakes.

Cheers,

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

The water cooling sticky is an excellent guide :D

Water cooling gallery and google are the best places for information on specific cases.