Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 132 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nope, those cards are not W/c'd yet,
@Rue, good job man, thats more like it :)
The W/c sticky is a good starting point for you,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-first-watercooling-sticky
And our gallery has some tasty beasts in there,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/266324-11-water-cooling-club-picture-gallery
You don't 'need' fullcover $100 blocks, but the pros and cons are discussed in there
but yes, a decent loop is an investment, some of us will spend crazy money to get an insane result, and others will skim by on minimum requirements, its what You want out of it that matters :)
Then we can help you go mental hehe
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
I couldn't have said it better - what you want is what you'll be shopping around for. Most people just ask around for opinions(and stick to them like survival instincts/guides) :p

Pop by the watercooling sticky and we'll help work out a loop but we ain't going to prescribe parts... :)

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
@rue22 Looks fantastic, a true step up there! The one thing that stood out to my admittedly very, very OCD brain was that you can see a couple of cables behind the routing holes that aren't actually coming out of them. It's unfortunate there are no rubber grommets on your rig (as these are a heaven-send as far as cabling is concerned -- maybe you can purchase them somewhere?!). If it were me I'd try and route the cables around the edge of the holes, but I'm sure you couldn't find a more nit-picky comment than mine on this forum, so feel free to ignore my OCD ravings :p. Undoubtedly a very clean and slick build either way :).

@Phx08 Looks sweet, loving the motherboard. It will look a lot more 'full-bodied' when you get all the stuff together for water-cooling, I'm sure.

For all interested I've started a build/upgrade log here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/388986-13-build-upgrade-load (fingers crossed it's the right subforum, I didn't see any others, then again you don't really get them for air-cooled projects). Please come, rate, comment and all that :)

M

Rue22

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks!
Hope this is what you were talking about lol. I thought I could just push it aside and it'd be a quick fix, but it wasn't lol Had to use more zip ties and do a few other wires to help it all tuck in better.

IMG_9602.jpg

IMG_9597.jpg

I'll check out the WC sticky for sure!

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Spot on dude, looks so clean now! Great job.

Another thing you could do if you have some spare spray paint left over (this just popped into my head -- I need to do it on my build as well) is give the DVD drive a quick once over (make sure to tape up any electrical connection bits) so that the ugly white/metal combo doesn't show up.

Otherwise again, fantastic work!

M

Rue22

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks!

Already thought the same thing too, But I'm going to be replacing it soon. Its a a few years old, need to get a bluray drive then I'll paint that for sure.

phx08

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Thanks! That's the ultimate plan but the current build is keeping it nice and cool (no OC of course) at 26C and its quiet as a mouse. You're right though it does look bare so i'll be adding WC'ing to the GPU's CPU and two rads (on on the bottom section in push and the other on top push pull)

D

Deleted member 362816

Here are some pictures of new rig
gtx 460 2win
seasonic x 850
FX-8350
xspc waterblock rad bay res

The tubes do not touch the gpu

For the life of me I honestly cannot hide the wires better then this

D

Deleted member 362816

new rev xspc FLX, Its not the bulk tubing its prepacked

D

Deleted member 362816

They gave me a voucher to newegg and frozen cpu. I got all of the items I wanted. I really wanted to try out the new CFI brand cases. I love this case so far it is build well and looks nice.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm also looking at the FLX premium range of tubing from XSPC. +1 to corsair support! I'm going to ruin my H50 and see what they say :lol:

Nice rig Cia24 but erm where's the build log link/ pics?

D

Deleted member 362816

Give me a bit to get all of this together. Having a bad day. I got that new rev v4 pump xspc its noisey as heck

Lutfij

Titan
Martinsliquidlab mentioned its quieter than the older versions - purge air off system and if its yet like that try adding thin gasket to the sides between the drivebay mounts - still fails - RMA :p

D

Deleted member 362816

Mabye I am doing something wrong with purging air but I don't see any bubbles lines seem ok

D

Deleted member 362816

It was not loud before now all a sudden it is. I got all of the air out of the system it is still loud when you remove it from the drive bay:(

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I've been at this for an hour or so now trying to take pictures and creating an account at photobucket.com just to show you guys at Tom's my own personal RIG!

My Specs:

-i5 3570k@4.7Ghz
-Gigabyte Z77 UD5H MoBo
-Antec 902 v3 Case
-Scythe Ninja 3 CPU Cooler
-Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
-16GB G. Skill Ares 2133Mhz 9-11-10-28 RAM
-EVGA GTX 660 Ti Overclocked to 1150Mhz
-120GB Kingston HyperX 3k SSD (OS)
-64GB Crucial m4 mSATA SSD (Games)
-1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD (Data)
-128GB LaCie 9223 Porsche USB3.0 Portable Drive w/Crucial m4 SSD inside
-Lite-On 24x SATA CD/DVD+-RW Optical Drive
-TP Link Wireless N900 Dual Band PCIe 450mbps Network Adaptor
-Rosewill 850w Extreme Edition PSU w/Blue LED

Cooling

-2 Front 120mm Antec Tri-Cool Blue LED Intake Fans w/Dust Filters
-1 Rear 120mm Antec Tri-Cool Blue LED Exhaust Fan
-1 Top 200mm Big Boy Exhaust Fan
-1 Clear Blue 120mm 1900rpm Slip Stream CPU Heat Sink Fan

Accessories

-24 inch BenQ XL2420TX 1920x1080 120Hz Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Gaming Monitor w/Built in IR Emmiter and Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Glasses
-Corsair K90 MMO Mechanical Backlit Gaming Keyboard
-Razor Deathadder 6500DPI Backlit Gaming Mouse w/Razor Mouse Pad
-Bose Companion 2 Series II Speakers

http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/ericjohn004/media/My%20Rig/KGrHqNn8FD-vP8Nv0BRLC15FV1g60_57_zps443d730c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3#/user/ericjohn004/media/My%20Rig/CameraPhotos102_zps72766870.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136347079071905124617198392971

Sorry if this isn't the best way to post pic's. Click on the link and you should be able to view a slide show. Click the arrow for the next pic.

Let me know what you think about my build and my choice of case. IDK if I made the right decision on going with this case. I think it looks pretty cool. For one thing, I notice my setup on my "desk" is way neater than most of the setups I've viewed so far. So that's a plus. I thought I was sloppy until now.