Tom's Hardware Superposition Benchmark Thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_6039_1518562781.png

2018_PC.png

GPU hovered around 43-45c and topped out at 49c.

Stock CPU.

GPU Boost 3.0 helped the core clock to 2000MHz.

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_4340_1518735610.png

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Still got the top spot...with Bjornl still in 2nd. Lol a 1080Ti had its face beat in by a pair of 1070s...they weren't even the same model haha

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I tried the 8k benchmark, got my GPU up to 68C max, mind you it is liquid cooled. 2657 pts. Was around 20fps the whole time. The only thing I noticed that was cool is at 8k it maxed out my memory and went into the HBM space, so my memory utilization (from AMD's performance tool) was 105%.

I retried the normal 1080p bench and got 5031 which is only 4 pts off the one I posted here, which is good. I was worried with all these windows updates it may slow down, but it did not.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Updates? Lol I'm still on Windows 7. Bwahahaha

But check this out. Since I sold the EGVA card and kept the PNY one better cooling):

jvtkY6C.jpg

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

The riser is actually two parts - the first is a 9cm flex cable and the second part is a 90 degree angle piece from my PowerEdge R210. I also pulled the dual gigabit network adapter from it, which you can see as the bottom card. Those go for about $180 on Amazon - I have three of them.

Your card is getting too warm for Nvidia's GPU Boost 3.0. There's thermal throttling and then there's lighter OC via GPU Boost 3.0 and your penalty lies in the latter. The evidence can be found in the 13MHz difference. Increase fans to keep card below 58c. It's only 13MHz so that's not really worth the trouble.

No idea what error's cause was.

Umm my temps are under 43*C believe it or not, TwinFrozr.
You see it under the score.

Is the power target at 117%?

Don't worry HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Superposition_Benchmark_v1_0_1498_1518746968.png

Now after some tweaking I managed Core 1962MHz with max memory 4504MHz(+1000)

This is proof day before i did up image
msi_afterburner.jpg

and this is upper picture settings all maxed out, core 1987MHz was stable but without memory i couldn't achieve better resoult.
msi.jpg

One thing to note, i can achieve 1987 core stable but with 40~FPS as it is very unstable and limiting fps i can do it, but i call that cheating (on unigine valley).

I can say, i've done max on it, i cannot do anything more/less but i can still try it on my test rig, hmm , but im not sure as it is sketchy psu (ATX 400W MSI gen 2).

GEEZ 1000+ on the memory!!!! That's insane!

Does overvolting actually do anything? I thought all 1050 series cards we're locked out on voltage, so even if you push the voltage slider around it does nothing.

Actually now that i've looked more closely, that memory is very low frequency at stock, so no wonder you could push it so high.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

No, none of the Pascal cards are voltage locked.

You can actually unlock % for core voltage, if you set it only on 100% but don't touch any other it moves from (for example) 1050mV to 1125mV in my case.
In msi you have setting for core voltage and set it to third party, it actually works (well i have MSI gaming X soo i don't know ill it work for others) but i know that Gigabyte 1050Ti is insane for overclocking 150%+ on power limit WOOT?

Oh i got it now why i cannot run faster Q_Q
The perf cap reason is telling the user why they are hitting the performance cap that is keeping the card from running faster. That is telling jedi95 the cap reason is now voltage related rather than Power Target related.
http://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1608437-tutorial-power-target-limit-hardware-mod-shunt-mod-titan-x-many-other-nvidia-gpus.html

Thank you @EquineHero i didn't had this idea in my mind.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

You can cross flash any BIOS from Pascal to any other same-model card - My PNY XLR8 1070 is running the EVGA 1070 SC BIOS because it gives +100 factory OC, where PNY was only 20MHz.

Try downloading a GIGABYTE 1050Ti BIOS and flashing it on your MSI card - it's 100% safe. That will help with voltage.

You know how big that risk is :D??? Well im gonna try it as i have secondary GPU and riser in case i need to flash it.
Im gonna try that tomorrow. I hope i won't get bricked GPU :3

Can you give me the link soo i don't get to random post...

Don't worry i know, it must memory and timings. I've done bios modding for my R7 250.
Custom timings for overclock memory 800->1100MHz from 1.1V to 1.25V (even msi can't change voltage only in bios).

Good another experienced bios modder on our forum. :D (I'm actually not experienced, one guy helped me thru 90% of the bios mod stuff.)

BIOS modded my EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW to add more power target and a tad more voltage, did almost nothing though, stock i could get 1430ish where as with the BIOS mod i got 1450ish, not worth it in my opinion as I was well above the boost clock already.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

We have had a couple people brick their GPUs recently here doing this. I would research a little more closely before flashing another brand's BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.