[SOLVED] touch screen nonsensitive - Xiaomi Pocophone

doomofzoom

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
so i recently got the pocophone f1, its been pretty good with the exception of the extremely annoying touch screen, which is very sensitive. For example when i am playing music and put the phone in my pocket without closing the screen, the music starts skipping and pausing due to the oversensitive screen contacting the inside of my pockets, another example is when it touches my headphones cable it registers as an input and leads to many annoying accidental touches.
Anyways, my question is : if i change the digitzer of the phone will this issue go away? or is it software related ? if so anything i can do to fix it?
thank you in advance

p.s: i have contacted amazon and they refused to fix the phone claiming it was an issue from my end.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Why, if I may ask, are you keeping the phone on when you are putting it in your pocket in the first place? If you turn off the screen this becomes a non-issue. and that can be done with a single quick press of the power button.

I can't imagine how a headset wire would be touching the screen when you're actually working with said screen, and it will do nothing if it touches a screen that's turned off.

doomofzoom

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
Why, if I may ask, are you keeping the phone on when you are putting it in your pocket in the first place? If you turn off the screen this becomes a non-issue. and that can be done with a single quick press of the power button.

I can't imagine how a headset wire would be touching the screen when you're actually working with said screen, and it will do nothing if it touches a screen that's turned off.
the headphone jack on this phone is on the top, so it touches the screen quite frequently.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
the headphone jack on this phone is on the top, so it touches the screen quite frequently.

In addition to the very good advice given by @kerberos_20, make it a habit to flip the cord out of the way before turning on the screen.

It still seems to me that most of your problem revolves around not turning the device screen off when it should be turned off to prevent accidental activation. You never put a smartphone in a pocket with the screen still on. It's just asking for trouble, with the proverbial "butt dialing" being the least of it.