Question TP Link AC1200 network adapter not working on Gigabyte motherboard?

Aug 31, 2024
Hello, I have a problem with the Archer T4e and Archer T5e network adapter, brand TPLink AC1200, I connect it to my Gigabyte B560M DS3H V2 motherboard and neither of them works, the problem is that the Archert T5e is dual ban and has wifi and bluetooth, the strange thing is that the bluetooth of this one works but the wifi does not, I already checked if the slots are okay and yes they are, as well as the adapters, I updated bios and others, my question is will it be compatible with the motherboard or will the PCIE input be damaged in some way, it is strange that only the bluetooth works and the wifi does not!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Are the adapters visible via Device Manager (ensure that View > Show hidden devices is selected).

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Copy and paste the full results here.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hello, I have a problem with the Archer T4e and Archer T5e network adapter, brand TPLink AC1200, I connect it to my Gigabyte B560M DS3H V2 motherboard and neither of them works, the problem is that the Archert T5e is dual ban and has wifi and bluetooth, the strange thing is that the bluetooth of this one works but the wifi does not, I already checked if the slots are okay and yes they are, as well as the adapters, I updated bios and others, my question is will it be compatible with the motherboard or will the PCIE input be damaged in some way, it is strange that only the bluetooth works and the wifi does not!
Definitely not a matter of compatibility. Did you connect the small cable to the adapter and a USB header on the motherboard? Are the antennas firmly attached?

How far away is the wireless router you are trying to connect to?