Question TP-Link TX50E AX3000 WiFi Card Not Detected

Stylin80

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Hello everyone, I have right on my hands is a very confusing situation.

Long story short, I have recently built a new system. The specifications are as follows: -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz [32GB Total]
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M S2H m-ATX
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER Ventus GP OC | 8GB GDDR6
PSU: Super Flower Silver ECO 80+ Silver Full Modular 600W
Casing: Tecware Nexus M TG m-ATX
WiFi: TP-Link TX50E AX3000
Storage:
  1. Adata XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB
  2. Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
The issue that I am facing currently is that the WiFi card is not being detected by Windows. My motherboard has 2 PCIe 1X slots and 1 PCe 16X slot. The 16x slot is currently populated with my GPU for display. These are some of the things I've done to attempt to solve the issue.

• Ensured that the WiFi card is working with another desktop lying around.
  • Dug through/ Refreshed detected devices after restarts through Device Manager.
  • Installed/ Reinstalled WiFi network drivers obtained from TP-Link's website
  • Removed all overclock/ XMP Profiles applied
  • Tested with both PCIe x1 slots
  • Updated BIOS to the latest version (As of 02/10/2020 - F51)
  • Disabled Fast Startup/ Ultra Fast Startup
  • Searched the entirety of the BIOS to find any Disable/ Enable PCIe option but to no avail.
  • Ran Windows network devices resetting commands (netsh winsock reset, netcfg -d)
  • Made WWAN AutoConfig services to run automatically.
  • Restarted the PC many many times
There also seems to be a bug with ERP potentially causing PCIe related issue, but it was never enabled to begin with. And also this WiFi card only supports Windows 10 x64, which I'm running it on.

The frustrating thing is Gigabyte's BIOS doesn't include detected PCIe devices or a Board Explorer option like how MSI does. Any help that can be contributed will be much appreciated. Thank you.

P.S.
Below is the PDF for my motherboard's user manual. This should come in handy as it covers all BIOS options and hardware as well.
Gigabyte B450M S2H V1.0 Manual

Last edited:
Reactions: Regis Nexus

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Are you using Windows 10?
If you can run by ethernet maybe you could try to update the driver/firmware on the TP link card.
If that doesn't fix it, then maybe replace it. Is it still on warranty?

Stylin80

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Are you using Windows 10?
If you can run by ethernet maybe you could try to update the driver/firmware on the TP link card.
If that doesn't fix it, then maybe replace it. Is it still on warranty?

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to actually update the firmware. And there is no point to replace it as mentioned in my post, it was tested to be fully functioning.

The driver for that WiFi card is for Windows 10 64-bit only, is that what you're running?
Yes, correct, I am running Windows 10 x64. Latest, 2004 build.

When Ive had trouble with wifi cards/motherboards with inbuilt wifi, ive used a dongle in one of the usb ports to initially get online, then downloaded ''Intel driver and support assistant'' which scans your system then updates the relevant wifi drivers and then remove the dongle and it has worked,no problems.

Jan 6, 2021
Hello guys, i have the same problem with this mobo. I'm trying to put asus ax58bt, has anyone see the solution anywhere? Please help, thank you.

My setup as follows.
✔AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2GHz (New)
✔RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 (New)
✔B450M Motherboard (New)
✔16GB DDR4 3200MHz Ram (New)
✔120GB SSD (New)
✔1 TB HDD (New)
✔550 Watt PSU 80+ (New)
✔Invasion Casing - NEW
✔Windows 10 Pro Genuine

sub3marathonman

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
OK, a bit of an old problem, but a recurring one for people, as I was just tearing my hair out today.

I can't guarantee this will work for everybody or anybody, and it sounds completely ridiculous, but try the card in different PCI-e slots. I would also advise trying the PCI-e 1 slots before anything else.

If you research, some have had problems and found it was a Windows 10 issue with an update. Somebody said that people were trying differnet PCI-e slots, but they needed to use PCI-e 1 slots, as others were questionable. I would also advise getting the latest driver for it, but you've got to get the card to show up before you can install the latest driver.

I had it in a PCI-e 1 slot, didn't even show up. I put it in a PCI-e 16 slot, it showed up, but couldn't start (error 10 or something similar). I then put it in a different PCI-e 1 slot and it runs fine, as if there was never a problem.