Question Transfer user account to new drive?

Sep 19, 2019
I recently bought a 1TB SSD to replace my current 120GB SSD, and I've had absolute hell with copying my files over. Between cloning the drive and fresh installing windows and loading a backup, the closest I can get is having all of my files on my new SSD, but having them saved under a separate windows user that I can't log in to. Is there any way to transfer my profile to the new drive?

MasterWigu

Honorable
Aug 19, 2016
Assuming that you have already installed windows and have a user created, you can copy the files from the old user to the new, try changing the ownership of the folders of the old user to your user, and then give you read and write permissions to the folders and files.

popatim

Titan
Image the SSD to an external. Your backup drive should have plenty of space since your SSD is only 120gb.
Restore the image to the new SSD but this time expand to use he whole drive.
How you do this is dependent on the software you use.
In Macrium Reflect your drag the partitions down one at a time and expand your C: when you drag it down by adjusting the partition using the link below it after you drag it down. Leave room for other remaining partitions when you do this.