Question Tried everything and PC still won't post after months

Feb 22, 2022
New here so don't kill me if I'm doing something wrong :p

Anyways, I got a new processor for christmas and after installing it, my PC wouldn't post. Fans are running, lights are on, but no video signal. There is also no light in the power button, like there was before.

I first tried putting the old processor back in, but still nothing. I cleaned out the ram slots, nothing. Took apart the whole system and then put it back together, nothing.

I took it to a local PC repair shop and after a week they called and told me it was a "probable mobo failure" because apparently I didn't put the fan in right and burnt the motherboard out; that was all inferred by the fact that the thermal paste had bubbles in it, which was probably just due to me not knowing that I needed to reapply after taking the fan off.

So I ordered a replacement motherboard and it came all the way from China. We took it back to the shop for assembly because I had lost all faith in myself and after another week they called and told us that it would cost $150 for them to do that. BS.

So I picked it up and put it together myself, and it did the same exact thing. No signal, no power LED.

I've done a bare bones boot, I've tried both the integrated graphics and the gpu, and I've replaced the ram, the cpu, the case, and the power supply.

The monitor and the power and video cables work just fine, tested them with an old PC (which I also disassembled and reassembled without any issue).

Even in the new case with the new motherboard, new psu, new ram, and new cpu, there's no video and no power led. I also got a mobo speaker, not a peep out of it.

I truly do not know what to do at this point; I'm at a complete loss. The only things I haven't replaced at this point are the gpu and hdd and I don't think you need those to post.

This has taken a huge toll on me financially and in turn emotionally. I really need some help here.

Feb 22, 2022
Help us help you. Please provide information on this mystery PC. What parts are used.
The motherboard is a msi b250I gaming pro ac, the new processor is an intel i5 9th generation, the new ram is x2 8gb patriot DDR4 3200MHz, the new psu is an evga 600W 600BQ, the gpu is a gtx 1050ti, the hard drive is a 3.5in 1tb Toshiba, the old psu is an evga 500W 500BQ, the old ram is patriot 2x 4gb DDR4 (that's all I remember about the old ram), the old case is a cooler master RC-130-KKN1 Elite 130 Mini itx, and the new case is a silverstone SG13B-USA. Oh, and the old processor was a pentium gold.