Apr 1, 2020
I suspected about some virus and checked it with BullGuard security. It found this file I went to the path and opened .dat as a text file and it had random letters in it, nothing intelligible.
Is it wrong to open this folder or what kind of Trojan is it, i couldnt find much info about it on the internet. Btw i dunno if i did wrong by opening that file with notepad.

File name: fytblcc.dat

Malware: Trojan.Zmutzy.Pante
Malware type: Infected file
Path: C:\Windows\debug\Fytblcc.dat

Solution
I don't mean to sound trite, but if you suspect a file is a virus, why would you open it? In the future, if you have a antivirus installed, right clicking on a suspect file will result in an option for the antivirus to scan for viruses. Assuming your antivirus locates the virus, it can ususally track down any infestation of other files and delete or quarantine them.
I don't mean to sound trite, but if you suspect a file is a virus, why would you open it? In the future, if you have a antivirus installed, right clicking on a suspect file will result in an option for the antivirus to scan for viruses. Assuming your antivirus locates the virus, it can ususally track down any infestation of other files and delete or quarantine them.

Solution
Apr 1, 2020

Yea i know it not that intelligent, i allready have an antivirus installed and it allready detected the virus, i wanna know 2 things. Did opening that file do extra harm? Is quarantining it enough to get rid of it. Thanks for the reply btw.

Apr 1, 2020

I mean, its allreay in my files and i dont think Trojans work that way (i mean by making the user launch it)