MattTheCuber

Commendable
Mar 19, 2019
Hello,
When I restart/shutdown my PC my monitor loses signal directly after the windows shutdown screen (blue with the white dots in a circle). When it loses signal it displays "No Signal" and doesn't display anything else until the windows login screen. The monitor has no issues when windows is running, only seems to happen when I am on the BIOS screens. Currently, every time I need to change BIOS settings, I have to switch monitors to our TV which a huge hassle. I am using an HDMI cable running from my RX 570's only HDMI slot directly into my Acer monitor's only HDMI slot. I have tried several things online like updating the drivers, updating the BIOS, turning fast boot off, and entering the boot screen and waiting to see if the monitor finds it.

My specs:
  • GPU: RX 570 (latest drivers)
  • Monitor: Acer ed242rw
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
All help appreciated!

imconfsdru

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Sounds.like it isnt registering until windows boots so Id.go into the bios and make sure your external graphics card is selected in the bios as your primary graphics card. That way the Computer knows to display on that display and not the onboard graphics... Id guess its either that setting in your bios and or if.not maybe a firmware update may be needed??

MattTheCuber

Commendable
Mar 19, 2019
Sounds.like it isnt registering until windows boots so Id.go into the bios and make sure your external graphics card is selected in the bios as your primary graphics card. That way the Computer knows to display on that display and not the onboard graphics... Id guess its either that setting in your bios and or if.not maybe a firmware update may be needed??
I tried looking in the BIOS settings and could not find any way to change the GPU. I do not have onboard graphics so I assume it would default to the only available GPU. Can you explain what might need a firmware update?
Also, I would like to note that it may be a monitor problem that it doesn't recognize the source soon enough?