[SOLVED] Troubles with Asus ROG strix x570 e-gaming (BSOD while installing OS)

Apr 21, 2021
Hello guys,
I recently bought new computer parts. After building everything together I am having problems with booting my PC. My setup is: Asus ROG STRIX X570 E-GAMING, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 80+ GOLD, ASUS ROG STRIX LC 360 RGB, G.Skill D4 64GB 3600-16 Trident Z RGB and Asus GeForce GTX 980 (VGA is from my older setup from 2015). At first everything seemed fine, I installed Windows 10 succesfully, only trouble was computer was restarting randomly, I fixed this by disabling CBS and PBO in BIOS setting. After a month I bought new headset (Logitech G PRO X) and during installation of driver my PC froze and after restarting it I was no longer able to boot it. I was just getting BSOD over and over. I decided to reinstall OS. I started getting BSOD in the middle of installation and right now i get BSOD right when i start installation. I tried removing every device connected to USB ports, removing all HDD/SSD/M.2 disks, flashing multiple version of BIOS (2606,2802,3202,3405,3602,3603). Error code on my mobo 8bit disp. is in this order: "Ad" while loading installation file then it turns in "b1" and there installation freezes or turns into "AA" and i get BSOD. I checked every cable connected on mobo with manual. I tried using BIOS default values and D.O.C.P mode, disabling PBO, CBS and multiple other options. Also i tried using CSM and creating bootable USB with rufus and Media Creation Tool. I also tried resetting CMOS. I also tried switching to my older RAM HyperX Fury 16gb 2666MHZ. I even tried increasing voltage on my CPU, it helped a little bit, I managed to get into installation of win but i got BSOD in the middle of installation. Nothing solved the problem, so I am thinking this might be a HW problem (or my GPU is not compatibile with new Chipset??). Sometimes screen randomly freeze in BIOS or even on ROG default screen before entering BIOS . I am getting out of options so I am asking for help, any idea what should I do?
P.S. Computer is not overheating I checked that also.

Solution
First of all I would do as suggested above and flash to the newest BIOS version and then reset all settings to default. I would try testing components if you can such as PSU and the GPU. If you are failing before you can get into BIOS or even while is BIOS there are typically only a few specific things it can be and they are all hardware or BIOS related;

1. PSU
  2. Graphics card
  3. RAM (tested with know good kit?)
  4. Motherboard fault / BIOS instability or settings
  5. Bad CPU
  6. Error / bad cabling from PSU
First of all I would do as suggested above and flash to the newest BIOS version and then reset all settings to default. I would try testing components if you can such as PSU and the GPU. If you are failing before you can get into BIOS or even while is BIOS there are typically only a few specific things it can be and they are all hardware or BIOS related;

1. PSU
  2. Graphics card
  5. Bad CPU

Solution
Apr 21, 2021

1. PSU
  2. Graphics card
  5. Bad CPU
I flashed newest BIOS and reseted everything to default. Still getting BSOD after starting booting from USB. GPU is fine, i put it into my older setup works fine, same with ram. Also during time my PC was working i stress tested cpu for 4 hours without any problem, so i assume PSU is fine but i can test it later in my older setup.

Last edited: