[SOLVED] Troubleshooting Help: Post but no Video

Barr7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
So I've recently run into a massive slew of problems and eventually ended up replacing quite a few components of my system. I finally put everything together and got what I assume is a POST, however I'm not receiving any video output and I can't quite figure out why.

I had the issue with a red CPU debug light on which went away after flashing the newest version of the BIOS. The Mobo+CPU+GPU have not been powered on together before, though the GPU has been tested separately. The boot drive was part of my original build which do not share motherboard or cpu models. All my cables are properly plugged in (3090 is not on a daisy chained power cable). All debug lights are off after sequencing on (DRAM doesn't seem to ever light, though removing all sticks causes this to go off so I figure RAM is also good).

My only theories are:
  1. Windows detects the hardware change and assumes a stolen hard drive leaving it to post but have no display.
  2. There may have been a bios flashback issue.

Has anyone run across anything similar or have any ideas themselves?

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570S Edge WiFi
CPU: AMD R9 5950X
GPU: EVGA XC3 Ultra 3090
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3600
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000T2
Boot drive: Samsung M.2 1TB
Other drives: 1TB M.2, 2x 1TB SSD

Solution
So oddly enough, I tried plugging in a DisplayPort monitor to my GPU instead of an old HDMI monitor, and the display seems to be fine...
Looks like there wasn't an issue after all, boot doesn't seem to go through since it looks like the boot nvme isn't being recognized.... possibly from my last mobo's malfunction.

Barr7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
So oddly enough, I tried plugging in a DisplayPort monitor to my GPU instead of an old HDMI monitor, and the display seems to be fine...
Looks like there wasn't an issue after all, boot doesn't seem to go through since it looks like the boot nvme isn't being recognized.... possibly from my last mobo's malfunction.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS