[SOLVED] [Troubleshooting] No post but working monitor

PiztoLice

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Hi, my PC won't post but the PC and monitor works, my RX570 has a little white light indicating it's working and powered.

My case is a south east asia brand called Rakk and it has pre-installed RGB light on top of the front pannel that changes from Green (booting/just pressed power button) to red (pc has booted) and it seems to be stuck at green

Solution
PC won't post but the PC and monitor works, my RX570 has a little white light indicating it's working and powered.
how have you troubleshot the display & system to ensure they are actually working?
when was the last time it was functioning properly?
what has changed since the last time it was working; new components, moved the system, crashing, etc..?

if you can't reach a POST screen then then the system is not working.
just because lights may be powered on does not mean the system is properly communicating between devices.

have you tried the display on another system to ensure it is functioning as it should?
or tried an alternative display with this system?

a couple easy things to try;
reset CMOS,
try different video output...
PC won't post but the PC and monitor works, my RX570 has a little white light indicating it's working and powered.
how have you troubleshot the display & system to ensure they are actually working?
when was the last time it was functioning properly?
what has changed since the last time it was working; new components, moved the system, crashing, etc..?

if you can't reach a POST screen then then the system is not working.
just because lights may be powered on does not mean the system is properly communicating between devices.

have you tried the display on another system to ensure it is functioning as it should?
or tried an alternative display with this system?

a couple easy things to try;
reset CMOS,
try different video output.

also check for onboard motherboard error lights.
the manual should provide information regarding what different error codes or lights will mean.

include your complete system specs.

Solution