Question two step authentication change

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
how can i take off two step authentication on the iphone? i know it make it less secure but it's also preventing me from logging in on my other device. it asks me the the authentication code but it doesn't give me the option to type it in, which is why i want to remove it. i've tried going into the security setting on my iphone and doesn't give me the option to change it and the apple id website will only allow me to change my password but won't let me do anything else.

CloudyFaygo

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
how can i take off two step authentication on the iphone? i know it make it less secure but it's also preventing me from logging in on my other device. it asks me the the authentication code but it doesn't give me the option to type it in, which is why i want to remove it. i've tried going into the security setting on my iphone and doesn't give me the option to change it and the apple id website will only allow me to change my password but won't let me do anything else.

This might not be that helpful in the sense of a "quick fix" solution but I will mention that I ran into this when upgrading back in the day from an iPhone 4s to iPhone 7 Plus. Blah blah I ran into the same issue where I needed an authentication code but didn't give me an option to enter it..... I contacted Apple online through the support and ended up explaining my situation, proving my identity, and they removed it.

Might have to go through the process of "disabling" the 2WA.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
This might not be that helpful in the sense of a "quick fix" solution but I will mention that I ran into this when upgrading back in the day from an iPhone 4s to iPhone 7 Plus. Blah blah I ran into the same issue where I needed an authentication code but didn't give me an option to enter it..... I contacted Apple online through the support and ended up explaining my situation, proving my identity, and they removed it.

Might have to go through the process of "disabling" the 2WA.

I'd figure I would have to go to the apple store and get them to help me. by the way whats "2WA"?

TRENDING THREADS