Feb 26, 2020
I am replacing my old HDD as it's crashing a lot and so deciding to buy a SSD but when I'm trying to create a system image, the program is showing two system drives. Actually, I have two hard disks in my pc. I even tried to unplug the other hard disk(which is not crashing) and the OS still boots perfectly. And now I remember that once by mistake I installed OS on one of the partitions of the other drive and then again had to install it on the old one. I tried to delete the remaining files of when I installed the OS by mistake but the files won't get deleted.

ENJYaYd.png

QRiXI7u.png

Solution
Get your new SSD and clone C: partition to it.
Use Macrium reflect.
Note - first boot from cloned drive has to be done with old drive disconnected. If you fail to do so, cloning will have to be repeated.

BTW - you forgot to hide H: label "***" on your first screenshot. ;)
Feb 26, 2020
With how much of a mess your drives and partitions are, I would not bother with a clone but just remove all drives and start with a clean setup of Windows on the new drive. Then plug in the secondary drive and re-install your programs.
Was thinking the same to rather remove the old drive and do a clean setup but thought if I could find a way to make a backup.

Get your new SSD and clone C: partition to it.
Use Macrium reflect.
Note - first boot from cloned drive has to be done with old drive disconnected. If you fail to do so, cloning will have to be repeated.

BTW - you forgot to hide H: label "***" on your first screenshot. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Tanish2005

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
I am replacing my old HDD as it's crashing a lot and so deciding to buy a SSD but when I'm trying to create a system image, the program is showing two system drives. Actually, I have two hard disks in my pc. I even tried to unplug the other hard disk(which is not crashing) and the OS still boots perfectly. And now I remember that once by mistake I installed OS on one of the partitions of the other drive and then again had to install it on the old one. I tried to delete the remaining files of when I installed the OS by mistake but the files won't get deleted.

ENJYaYd.png

QRiXI7u.png
I would recommend you to do a clean install, cloning will move the unwanted files also along, take a backup of everything make a bootable pendrive, format the HDD and delete the partitons. format the SSD, delete the partitons, make a C: (SDD) and a D: (HDD), install on C:, and boot up fresh C;