brahmsPC

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
Hi, so I enabled Ultra Fast Boot feature of as asrock b450m steel legend.

Now, how can I enter UEFI BIOS without clearing CMOS? is there another way?

thank you.

Power on, and start spamming the delete key immediately as soon as you power on, and keep spamming the delete (Or F2, whichever gets you into the BIOS on your board) key until you see it enter the BIOS.

If that won't work, then you'll likely need to clear the CMOS. Sometimes Ultra fast with an SSD is simply too fast to get past. On most my Gigabyte and ASRock boards that have had Ultra fast boot I have been able to get into the BIOS though by rapid fire spamming the key right away until I see it enter the BIOS.

Reactions: brahmsPC

brahmsPC

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
Power on, and start spamming the delete key immediately as soon as you power on, and keep spamming the delete (Or F2, whichever gets you into the BIOS on your board) key until you see it enter the BIOS.

If that won't work, then you'll likely need to clear the CMOS. Sometimes Ultra fast with an SSD is simply too fast to get past. On most my Gigabyte and ASRock boards that have had Ultra fast boot I have been able to get into the BIOS though by rapid fire spamming the key right away until I see it enter the BIOS.

yes. im using ssd. still cant get to enter bios by spamming del.

brahmsPC

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
in my BIOS menu.

it says UEFI ver: B450m steel legend P2.10, and i believe this is the version that is compatible with ryzen 3000.
if use the app above and Restart to UEFI ver:1.0.6, will it still be compatible with my ryzen 3000?

The only way you can fully reset your UEFI/BIOS settings is to do it manually from within the BIOS itself, or to remove the battery. Nothing else you run, or do, is going to reset your BIOS settings unless you flash a new BIOS version. So you should not have any problems IF it disables the fast boot for a single restart. As mentioned, the restart to UEFI program version has NOTHING at all to do with the actual UEFI/BIOS version. It is not going to change your BIOS version to an earlier version.

Personally, I'd just reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for five minutes with the power unplugged from the wall, and then go into the BIOS and reconfigure all my custom settings and LEAVE the ultra fast boot setting OFF until such time as you are 100% sure you are happy with the settings, and THEN enable UFB when you are sure you don't have a need to get back in there anytime soon. Or, just leave it on regular fast boot. It's only about a second or two different anyhow and you should have no issues getting into there later with regular fast boot enabled.