[SOLVED] Unable to install Windows 10 on new PC

asus2786

Prominent
Jul 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

Before describing the problem, I can briefly say that I tried many methods to fix this bs - YouTube videos, instructions on the Internet, etc. I ask for some advice / help, because I have been struggling with it for two days and I don't have the strength to do it anymore. I am unable to install Windows due to errors, e.g. 0x8007025D.

Starting off, the day before yesterday I assembled my first computer with the following components:

• Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE (Rev 1.0)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • ADATA 512GB M.2 PCIe XPG SX8200 Pro
  • ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 8GB
  • SilentiumPC Signum SG1V EVO TG ARGB
  • Patriot Viper BLACKOUT DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16
  • SilentiumPC Vero M3 700W 80Plus Bronze
Describing the problem, after assembling the computer and trying to install Windows 10, the second stage of installation reaches around 70 percent and the error 0x8007025D occurs. Apart from that, there were other errors (e.g. 0x80070570) depending on how the RAM was inserted. Sometimes after confirming the error message, various blues screens appeared. Here is what I have tried:

1. Moved RAMs to different slots (see photos below), because I thought they may have been inserted incorrectly - I tried everything with RAM - move them according to the user's manual of MOBO to slots 2 and 4 (next to each other), 1 and 2. I also tried setting the default profile in the BIOS to 2133 Mhz ( I previously set it to XMP 3200Mhz). I also tried with one RAM (slot 1), but then the installer barely reached 20%. I also reset the BIOS settings to default. >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error

2. Booted to USB automatically. Then I changed the priority to USB in the BIOS. >>> Effect: nothing has changed (except the Windows logo appeared instead of the Aorus one), same error.

3. Updated BIOS to latest version >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error

4. Used the DiskPart utility from the Windows installer, commands I used: / DiskPart, / list, / select disk 0, / clean, / convert mbr >>> Effect: nothing changed, same error

5. Used the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from the Windows installer - at the very beginning the message "Hardware problems detected" appeared on the progress bar.

6. I bought a new flash drive thinking the old one was broken. >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error.

7. I removed and reinstalled the M2 drive (made sure it was installed correctly). >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error.

It all took me 2 days in total and I lost hope it would work.

I'm adding a link of the user's manual on how to insert the RAM into this board (currently they are in 1 and 2). I also added a lohot of the PC build and a close-up photo of the graphics card (one LED is on, I don't know if it's good or not).

I ask for your help, because I lost hope and I bought a PC primarily for work. I hope you will be able to advise / help me with this.

Links to photos:
https://ibb.co/TKz42HK
https://ibb.co/BqSVkGP

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Before describing the problem, I can briefly say that I tried many methods to fix this bs - YouTube videos, instructions on the Internet, etc. I ask for some advice / help, because I have been struggling with it for two days and I don't have the strength to do it anymore. I am unable to install Windows due to errors, e.g. 0x8007025D.

Starting off, the day before yesterday I assembled my first computer with the following components:

• Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE (Rev 1.0)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • ADATA 512GB M.2 PCIe XPG SX8200 Pro
  • ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 8GB
  • SilentiumPC Signum SG1V EVO TG ARGB
  • Patriot Viper BLACKOUT DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16
  • SilentiumPC Vero M3 700W 80Plus Bronze
Describing the problem, after assembling the computer and trying to install Windows 10, the second stage of installation reaches around 70 percent and the error 0x8007025D occurs. Apart from that, there were other errors (e.g. 0x80070570) depending on how the RAM was inserted. Sometimes after confirming the error message, various blues screens appeared. Here is what I have tried:

1. Moved RAMs to different slots (see photos below), because I thought they may have been inserted incorrectly - I tried everything with RAM - move them according to the user's manual of MOBO to slots 2 and 4 (next to each other), 1 and 2. I also tried setting the default profile in the BIOS to 2133 Mhz ( I previously set it to XMP 3200Mhz). I also tried with one RAM (slot 1), but then the installer barely reached 20%. I also reset the BIOS settings to default. >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error

2. Booted to USB automatically. Then I changed the priority to USB in the BIOS. >>> Effect: nothing has changed (except the Windows logo appeared instead of the Aorus one), same error.

3. Updated BIOS to latest version >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error

4. Used the DiskPart utility from the Windows installer, commands I used: / DiskPart, / list, / select disk 0, / clean, / convert mbr >>> Effect: nothing changed, same error

5. Used the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from the Windows installer - at the very beginning the message "Hardware problems detected" appeared on the progress bar.

6. I bought a new flash drive thinking the old one was broken. >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error.

7. I removed and reinstalled the M2 drive (made sure it was installed correctly). >>> Effect: nothing has changed, same error.

It all took me 2 days in total and I lost hope it would work.

I'm adding a link of the user's manual on how to insert the RAM into this board (currently they are in 1 and 2). I also added a lohot of the PC build and a close-up photo of the graphics card (one LED is on, I don't know if it's good or not).

I ask for your help, because I lost hope and I bought a PC primarily for work. I hope you will be able to advise / help me with this.

Links to photos:
https://ibb.co/TKz42HK
https://ibb.co/BqSVkGP
BIOS set to UEFI not CSM ?

asus2786

Prominent
Jul 17, 2020
By looking at the reviews made with your RAM KIT here.
https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Viper-3200MHz-Gunmetal-heatshield/dp/B07PCWVCC7

There's a higher chance that your RAM is faulty or incompatible with your Mobo. Try a different set of RAMs if you can.

True, I already "fixed" the issue - the RAM was incompatible. I got these from Corsair (Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)) - they were tested by Gigabyte and it seems like they are stable now (however set on 2933Mhz).

Thanks though!

TRENDING THREADS