Unable view Internet om my Wireless Laptop

I'm using a Dell Desktop and a IBM Thinkpad Laptop.

I'm using Windows XP Professional on both.

I am on a Network and have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router 2.4 GHz.

Since yesterday, I have been able to view the Internet on my Desktop, but
not on the Laptop.

If I connect the Laptop to the Desktop, I can view the Internet, but if I
disconnect the Laptop from the Desktop, I cannot view the Internet.

Thank you for your help,

meadow

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

Meadow:

1. Click Start
2.Select 'Help and Support'
3.Find your way into the "networking troubleshooting wizard"
4.Tell the wizard what your networking problem is and go from their.

-ComputerWhiz1

"meadow" wrote:

> I'm using a Dell Desktop and a IBM Thinkpad Laptop.
>
> I'm using Windows XP Professional on both.
>
> I am on a Network and have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router 2.4 GHz.
>
> Since yesterday, I have been able to view the Internet on my Desktop, but
> not on the Laptop.
>
> If I connect the Laptop to the Desktop, I can view the Internet, but if I
> disconnect the Laptop from the Desktop, I cannot view the Internet.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> meadow

If you physically connect the Laptop to the router, does the problem
persist?

If you physically connect the Laptop to the modem, does the problem persist?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

meadow wrote:
> I'm using a Dell Desktop and a IBM Thinkpad Laptop.
>
> I'm using Windows XP Professional on both.
>
> I am on a Network and have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router 2.4 GHz.
>
> Since yesterday, I have been able to view the Internet on my Desktop, but
> not on the Laptop.
>
> If I connect the Laptop to the Desktop, I can view the Internet, but if I
> disconnect the Laptop from the Desktop, I cannot view the Internet.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> meadow

If I physically connect the Laptop to the router, does the problem
persist?

No

If I physically connect the Laptop to the modem, does the problem persist?

No

Thank you for your help.

meadow

"
PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

> If you physically connect the Laptop to the router, does the problem
> persist?> If you physically connect the Laptop to the modem, does the
> problem persist?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
>
> meadow wrote:
>> I'm using a Dell Desktop and a IBM Thinkpad Laptop.
>>
>> I'm using Windows XP Professional on both.
>>
>> I am on a Network and have a Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router 2.4 GHz.
>>
>> Since yesterday, I have been able to view the Internet on my Desktop, but
>> not on the Laptop.
>>
>> If I connect the Laptop to the Desktop, I can view the Internet, but if
>> disconnect the Laptop from the Desktop, I cannot view the Internet.
>>
>> Thank you for your help,
>>
>> meadow

Reinstall the router.