Deva Surya

Reputable
Apr 4, 2017
I recently bought an Acer predator Helios 300 2019
and decided to undervolt it. I knew it was already undervolted, but I wanted to improve the performance even more. So I undervolted it to -0.165 mv in XTU. But after rebooting, i noticed that the undervolt is gone every time I restarted. But, that is not the main problem. At first the performance was awesome. I even hit 2200 in XTU benchmark score with custom undervolt. But after a day, it wouldn't go down to -0.165 mv. It would only go down to -0.155 mv. I have done stability test at 165 and it was stable the previous day, but after a day, going down to -165mv crashed the system. I can only go to -155mv. But the real problem is it reduced the performance. It was performing better but with the stock settings. For a moment I was able to get better performance bit it is gone. So I went to default settings and uninstalled XTU and reinstalled windows. Even then the performance is lowered. What I could have gotten normally is gone. I could have gotten 49-52 fps in Assassin's Creed Odyssey at max settings, but now I am getting around 40-45 fps. Did the the undervolt change any other CPU values. My laptop crashed a lot of time between this. Now laptop is at stock undervolt. Do I have a solution. Please help me.

Solution
In your original post you said you under volted in order to improve the performance but what you are doing actually has an adverse effect.
The only reason for under volting is to reduce temperature so it would be worth you looking at additional cooling options.

Andy

Lutfij

Titan
You are limiting power to your processor if anything. Might want to check and see if you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. You might also want to state the version of XTU you're using. Which version of Windows 10 are you on?

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
In your original post you said you under volted in order to improve the performance but what you are doing actually has an adverse effect.
The only reason for under volting is to reduce temperature so it would be worth you looking at additional cooling options.

Andy

Solution