[SOLVED] Undescan on AOC G2 24G2U with Rx 580 via DisplayPort

kemorno

Distinguished
May 28, 2016
I just bought this monitor and i can't seem to find the underscan/overscan option on the Radeon Software, it shows on my other monitor that is connected via HDMI(Samsung S22B350) but not on the new one connected via DP. theres about 1cm between the screen and the plastic bezel

Nov 23, 2020
Hey man this is unrelated but i got this monitor yesterday and it got very bad clouding when you turn off the lights and playing something black.. game or anything else.. do you have that too ?

kemorno

Distinguished
May 28, 2016
Hey man this is unrelated but i got this monitor yesterday and it got very bad clouding when you turn off the lights and playing something black.. game or anything else.. do you have that too ?
Yes, but after changing some settings on the monitor it looked pretty good. From what i heard that is the IPS display fault, its not as good with dark colors, the VA-is its counter part, its good in the dark and with dark colors but its not as good with vivid imagery.

kemorno

Distinguished
May 28, 2016
Can you show a picture of it?
I didn't notice that in the AOC site it has this "border" too. It's working as expected. but sure.
Edit:They greyish part its just the monitor's shadow,

rVhKCNT.jpeg

Nov 23, 2020
Yes, but after changing some settings on the monitor it looked pretty good. From what i heard that is the IPS display fault, its not as good with dark colors, the VA-is its counter part, its good in the dark and with dark colors but its not as good with vivid imagery.
Please tell me which settings exactly. The clouds are driving me crazy. Some say it gets better in time...

kemorno

Distinguished
May 28, 2016
Please tell me which settings exactly. The clouds are driving me crazy. Some say it gets better in time...
it all depends on the lighting in your room, like, windows, reflections etc...
Try changing the gamma and the brightness... Last resort try the colortemperature or the overall brightness...
Also yeah, sometimes the display comes with some problems caused by temperatures and small hits, but it all goes away after the display heats up a bit... So maybe give it about a day of use and it will fix itself...