Unknown PC issue

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Well what the H*** is wrong with this PC?! It just works poorly in games and i don't know why anymore. Its specs are written in my signature message. It also has a 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA3 64mb cache and an old Seagate 160gb 8mb cache drive. The OS and everything is installed on the 1TB drive while the 160gb drive is used for downloads and storage. So eh, in games like far cry 3 and these newer games i can't get a playable frame rate even on lowest settings. And older games run like poop like cod4 and gta 4. My friend has 250 fps in cod4 with a radeon 5670 and a dual core AMD CPU while i have about 75 to 110 fps, i mean WTF. I thought that the new hard drive would fix that problem but it didn't, its only faster on boot ups and when transfering files and stuff like that but in games its bad.

Solution

Maybe. But my friend had ram problems and the only effect of this was a random choke on performance like out of nowhere it would just slowdown in-game and desktop.

Check it

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

I forgot to say that i have all latest drivers blah blah blah and that everything is on the new drive. The old one is basically empty

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

But its kinda weird. The hard drive upgrade seemed to have no effect on games, only on performance out of games

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

I'll make it simple. The first thing i did when i installed the hard driver is test its speed. Its read speed is 205mb/s and its write speed is 202mb/s, i ran multiple tests just to be sure but all results were around the same. I was amazed at how fast this drive is on boot ups and opening internet browsers and at copying data. As a result i have a lightning fast PC but in games there are no changes in fps. Newer games lag on lowest settings. GTA4 is sluttering, cod4 is around 75-120 fps (with 250 fps enabled though it didn't go above 130 fps so that proved to be useless). I really don't have anymore energy to deal with this PC as my morale slowly drops. I mean i put together about 8 computers for my friends, family and all are working fine and never have i heard from them having problems with their new comps

Hi :)

Hirens has NOTHING to do with speed...it tests the hard drive for FAILING SECTORS....

It can be used on IDE or SATA drives but NOT SSD`s ...

All the best Brett :)

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

Can i do this: start-->run-->chkdsk /r ,i would avoid burning the hiren's bootCD on a CD

Lazar_99

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

I used Seagate's Seatools to check for bad sectors and it passed the long generic test and short. So no bad sectors. I would say that a hard drive isn't the fault here because it was the same in games as with my older drive. I'll say some major components like CPU or GPU may be faulty

th3_ory

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012

Maybe. But my friend had ram problems and the only effect of this was a random choke on performance like out of nowhere it would just slowdown in-game and desktop.

Check it

Solution