[SOLVED] Updating Gigabyte Aorus x470 Gaming Ultra BIOS

JoeKillera

Reputable
May 18, 2016
Hello this is my first time updating a bios. I had microcenter update my bios to version f40 when I got this motherboard and the ryzen 3600 cpu.

Now that I can update my bios on my own I'd like to know how. I know that installing it incorrectly can cause major issues so I looking for some guidance.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I the bios update driver loaded onto a flash drive ready to go.

Solution
You use the Q Flash or GIgabyte Flash utilities available following the guide here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

The important thing is to just follow the instructions and don't let the PC power off, or don't restart it whilst it is undertaking or you can corrupt the BIOS.

However as with any BIOS, unless you need to for a specific reason, it is recommended to not update your BIOS. If your components are now compatible and don't need any of the new BIOS features, don't bother updating. Every motherboard manufacturer always recommends this:

• Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You use the Q Flash or GIgabyte Flash utilities available following the guide here:
https://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

The important thing is to just follow the instructions and don't let the PC power off, or don't restart it whilst it is undertaking or you can corrupt the BIOS.

However as with any BIOS, unless you need to for a specific reason, it is recommended to not update your BIOS. If your components are now compatible and don't need any of the new BIOS features, don't bother updating. Every motherboard manufacturer always recommends this:

• Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS. To flash the BIOS, do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction

Solution