[SOLVED] Upgrade Wifi Card of Acer E5-521g

Miguel Lopes

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Hi,
I have an old acer laptop, with amd A8-6410. It still works ok, the only major problem I have is the slow internet speeds. In my main laptop I can get 100mbps in the 2.4ghz network and, in the exact same stop, at the same time, in the same network, I can only get at most 20 mbps in this old laptop.

I've been doing some digging and found that the wifi card is probably this one:
t77h436.03 hf

It's 802.11n, only has 2.4ghz and has integrated bluetooth.

I Wanted to upgrade to a wifi card that supports 5GHZ and bluetooth. I don't need any high end card, just a decent one.

I'm afraid to buy a new one since I don't know if it's compatible to this laptop.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Solution
What is the condition of the laptop otherwise? Before replacing a part try doing a network reset (in Windows 10 there's a setting that automatically does a lot of commands that previously would be done manually in the Settings app > Network & Internet > Network Reset). Also consider resetting the router (power it off and back on again or press a reset button if it has one).

If you do get a card, be aware that newer laptops use a different connection, a variant of m.2. The model number you provide is a mini PCI express half-height card. These formats are not interchangeable; be sure the card matches the format your laptop supports.

Your card...
What is the condition of the laptop otherwise? Before replacing a part try doing a network reset (in Windows 10 there's a setting that automatically does a lot of commands that previously would be done manually in the Settings app > Network & Internet > Network Reset). Also consider resetting the router (power it off and back on again or press a reset button if it has one).

If you do get a card, be aware that newer laptops use a different connection, a variant of m.2. The model number you provide is a mini PCI express half-height card. These formats are not interchangeable; be sure the card matches the format your laptop supports.

Your card:

T77H436.03-2.jpg

New format:

719yNDIuRgL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Reactions: Miguel Lopes
Solution

Miguel Lopes

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013

Your card:

T77H436.03-2.jpg

New format:

719yNDIuRgL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Thanks for your help. Can you suggest a compatible model that would be decent? Thank you

TRENDING THREADS