[SOLVED] Upgraded GPU but getting lower FPS ?

hunterstacy

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
I had a 1050ti and was getting decent frames in my games that I played. I recently upgraded to a 3060 and my frames have gotten significantly worse. I can't even run csgo on like 100 fps I upgraded so I can continue to stream but it is making my fps worse for some reason I cannot figure out. My CPU is a i7 8700 with 16gb ram.

Solution
The problem with generic PSUs isnt just adequate power. Thye also die and take other components more often than quality ones.

Your problem right now is likely the old drivers not being deleted.
I still wouldn't wait too long to replace that PSU..

-Edited-

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
The problem with generic PSUs isnt just adequate power. Thye also die and take other components more often than quality ones.

I still wouldn't wait too long to replace that PSU..

-Edited-

Last edited:
Solution

hunterstacy

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
The problem with generic GPUs isnt just adequate power. Thye also die and take other components more often than quality ones.

I still wouldn't wait too long to replace that GPU
What do you mean replace the GPU? I just deleted old drivers or I thought with the DDU and I haven't really seen the increase from the 1050ti that I expected. There is not a major jump in performance and still can't stream games like I wanted.

Reactions: Bassman999

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
What do you mean replace the GPU? I just deleted old drivers or I thought with the DDU and I haven't really seen the increase from the 1050ti that I expected. There is not a major jump in performance and still can't stream games like I wanted.
Sorry I mean the PSU.
Have you tried benchmarking your pc.
It might show some issues that havent been mentioned and can see the gpu performance from another vantage point.

Reactions: spentshells

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021