[SOLVED] Upgrading CD drive To fit SATA SSD

Jul 12, 2020
I have a dell Vostro 3578 with an optical drive and 1 TB of HDD storage. I am planing to buy an adapter (CD drive to SATA caddy) for the HDD and add a new SATA SSD to the default HDD location. Will the performance be affected? Are there any thing else I have to look for (like power issues etc..)? What level of speed can I expect ?
Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Will the battery support the added SSD?
It uses much less power than mechanical drives but if you just ad it to existing HDD it will impact battery life to some extent as it still uses some power.
As opposed to HDDs, it uses power only when it's read or written to while HDDs uses full power while turning.
I have a dell Vostro 3578 with an optical drive and 1 TB of HDD storage. I am planing to buy an adapter (CD drive to SATA caddy) for the HDD and add a new SATA SSD to the default HDD location. Will the performance be affected? Are there any thing else I have to look for (like power issues etc..)? What level of speed can I expect ?
Thanks in advance :)
That's good plan, if it works performance will be affected because SSDs are much faster, You'll have to clone or reinstall windows on SSD to feel the difference.

Reactions: Eror_404